INFO ON STAR MOTOR CO. OF NEW JERSEY

Hello Antique Car Buffs,<BR>A friend of mine has a farm in N.Y. state near Lake Placid. He has a few antique cars on the property, which obviously been there for quite some time. (there's not much left of them) Anyway, one of the cars had a cowl tag on it. I gently removed it cleaned it off and it said: Star Motor Co. of New Jersey on it. I've been into antique cars for many years, lived in New Jersey all my life,but never heard of Star. Of coarse, being a antique car lover, this really has my curiosity going! Does anyone have any information on this car? It looks like it could be from the 20's era being the front fenders look very similar to Model "T" Ford. Any info would be appreciated. Info on the cowl tag say's it's a Model "C" with the VIN # stamped-N-E104470.<BR> Thank You!<BR> Steve Barbato

The Star was William Crapo Durant's attempt to stay in the can manufacturing business after he lost GM for the second time. Stars were made from 1922 to 1928. The Model C would have been one of the early ones in 1922 or 1923. The Standard Catalog of American Cars 1805-1942 has a brief history. Hopefully someone else with more detailed info will check on to the thread.