1969 BISCAYNE

STEVE POLLARD

There is a 1969 Chevrolet Biscayne currently listed on ebay... right now it's around the $11 K mark....owner states all original and it looks it. I have '69 Impalas, but the Biscaynes and Bel Airs are unique since the production numbers are less and you just don't see them around that much. I have to say, there's a cool factor of a "Plain Jane" car like this !

What are you thoughts about the price and if it's worth restoring or leaving as is.

Thanks

Guest Commodore

I think this is the car he is speaking of. As far what its price goes, there is no price guide on the Biscayne, too rare. The price for a 1969 Impala hardtop coupe with a 327 is given as $11,266. This by Hagerty Classic Car Price Guide. I would not restore it. A car is only original once.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-Bel-Air-150-210-Biscayne-1969-biscayne-327-all-original-48-k-miles-rustfree-barn-find-no-/321563311780?forcerrptr=true&hash=item4adeaabea4&item=321563311780&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Hey Steve,

Car looks fairly priced to me, its all there looks solid, the door panels are in good shape (costly to have them done) I know from doing my 62 Biscayne there are some parts that are just unique to that body style and model and are next to impossible to find. The hardest parts I had to find was the rocker mouldings, every one I found was smashed flat from people kicking their feet against it to get the snow off their shoes. Window regulstors and a lot of the hardware is unique to the two door sedans, but good luck trying to find a Pontiac, Buick or Olds two door sedan as a donor. They are rare! and even rarer with a V-8 and an automatic.

Does not look like it will be a real expensive restoration to do, rot is at a minumum, car is complete, and it runs! I wish my 62 Biscayne was as good as this car is.

If you are looking for a Biscayne project there are not many left to choose from, I think the car is in the right price range

post-82877-143142807975_thumb.jpgWhat is a 1966 Biscayne two door with the original 396 going for? No rust but needs everything. Originally New Mexico police car that is collecting dust for years in my barn and yes it runs. 3 pic is trunk floor under gas tank How scarce is this car?

post-82877-14314280792_thumb.jpg

post-82877-143142807912_thumb.jpg

post-82877-143142807927_thumb.jpg

post-82877-143142807951_thumb.jpg

Edited by Joe in Canada (see edit history)