Magnificent Motorcars New TV Series

Guest Greene HD

Guest Greene HD

From the Producer of Reality Rides is a new series, that is perfectly created for viewers like the AACA:

In the world of reality television, it seems that even the most tiresome topic is being produced.

Who would have ever imagined that viewers would watch a show about pawn shops, duck

hunters, junk yards, or storage facilities. But people seem to be fascinated with the everyday,

even though most of this “reality” is obviously not real at all.

But imagine for a moment, a story about magnificent machines built in a time when there were

no set preconceptions of what the automobile should look like. Where art had has much or

more of an influence on design as the power of the engine did. A time where there was no limit

to technical innovation or the cost of building the ultimate road machine.

Today we are constantly underwhelmed with the latest introduction of similar looking cars,

whether the nameplate is a BMW or a Chevrolet, they all look pretty much the same. But there

was a time in history, where each new iteration was as distinctive as a fingerprint. Hundreds of

manufacturers, instead of dozens.

In this series we will seek out the collectors of this rolling historic art. These people don’t consider

themselves owners, but instead caretakers of these wonderful creations. Their job is to

preserve this history for the next generation to enjoy. A glimpse into the past for all to appreciate.

Who these caretakers are and what makes their machines magnificent is what this series

is all about.

In each episode we will focus on the stories that these automobiles have to tell. Their

unique contributions to the automotive world and those who work tirelessly to ensure their

survival.

This is a automobile series like no other before it, combining art, design, beauty, education,

and history rolled into a series topic that has never been attempted before.

Shot in both Europe and the US, these are the stories that legends are made of...

Catch us on Velocity @ 9:30a EST

or on Hulu anytime.

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/65987394?title=0&byline=0" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" allowfullscreen="" width="500" frameborder="0" height="281"></iframe>

Magnificent Motorcars Trailer from Greene HD Productions on Vimeo.

Dear Greene HD,

Sounds like a great concept. Nice promo clip, too. What's not to like, with examples of Auburn, Buick, Chevrolet, Duesenberg, Mercer, and Packard cars? Which auto event is that where Mr. Leno is talking about the great motorcar designers? It had palm trees....so I'm guessing Palo Alto, Dana Point or Amelia Island.

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

Greene HD, I have watched only the Rolls Royce show so far, have the Ferrari one taped to watch and must say that the Rolls show was excellent ! No favoritism here, as I'll ride or drive anything, but that show was great. Thanks for some sensible entertainment......without cussing, throwing, and every 5 minute "cliff-hangers" before each unfortunate burden we are limited with called commercials !

Guest Greene HD

Hi Jeff,

We ran into Jay Leno at the annual CCCA meet in California, in the episode he mostly talks about the history of the unique Doble. We have produced 26 episodes, about half in Europe and the other half across the states. 7 episodes are running currently on Velocity, the bulk of the series will be broadcast in 2015. (Before then the first 13 episodes will be available on Hulu, Amazon Prime, Roku) Starting on November 22, we launch our second classic car series called "Curators Vault" it features the worlds greatest automobile museums. Both series are very high end, and feature some absolutely incredible automobiles.

I see that you are part of the Peerless Motorcar Club, I just finished editing an episode shot at the Louwman Museum in the Netherlands, that episode had some wonderful Peerless automobiles featured. We literally have something for everybody in these two series!

Guest Greene HD

Hi John,

Thanks for your enthusiastic feedback! The Ferrari episode is one of my favorites, it features John Collins of Talacrest out of England. He is such an interesting character and is truly Ferrari Mad. But while we were taping at his place outside of London, we ran across a 1958 Aston Martin DBR1 in his collection at the time. It was the very car that Caroll Shelby won LeMans with in 1959. Not only was it a breathtaking car, but I had the privilege of riding in it that day! A few months later he sold it for $28 million. Stay tuned for lots of great stories, I hope you enjoy them all as much as I did creating them.

Hi Jeff,

I see that you are part of the Peerless Motorcar Club, I just finished editing an episode shot at the Louwman Museum in the Netherlands, that episode had some wonderful Peerless automobiles featured. We literally have something for everybody in these two series!

Greene HD,

Thanks for mentioning the Classic Car Club of America Meet as the location for the interview with Jay Leno. I was just guessing, since I haven't seen "Magnificent Motorcars" yet.

Say, I saw what looked like the fantastic 1911 Peerless Raceabout in Holland, briefly, in your series trailer. I believe it's an 11-liter Model 32. The "Car Crazy" piece on The Louwman Collection didn't cover it in their 30-minute episode, so I'm glad you have some footage(the museum is a big place). I did not know that they had more than one Peerless at The Louwman, though it IS one of only 10 or 15 collections worldwide to have all three of "The Three Ps".

....Jeff

p.s.: If you're anywhere near Alaska, leave yourself a day for the Fountainhead Museum in Fairbanks....but I'm guessing you have that covered already.

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

Guest Greene HD

Jeff,

Yes, we featured the Raceabout (such a cool car) in our episode on the Louwman Museum as part of our new upcoming series "Curators Vault." This series will be airing on Velocity starting on November 22nd. It will be available on Hulu probably by the end of the year.

We have not covered anything in Alaska yet, it's expensive to go up there for just one episode. We try to hit several locations on each "regional" trip for filming. Europe is easy in that sense. But I'd love an excuse to hit Alaska, so I'll certainly look into it.

Trailer is very well done. Good blend of period, faux period and modern, great music, action and still shots, interview with JL, all terrific. Congratulations and good luck!

I don't have cable or satellite, how do I watch this?

Guest Greene HD

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your kind remarks. If you don't have cable or satellite, you can find the first season of Magnificent Motorcars on Hulu and it's there to watch anytime. It will also be available on DVD starting in January.

The carrier stopped briefly in Pearl Harbor on the way to Vietnam so I know what a hulu is but I don't think that's what you're talking about. I'll ask Mr. Google.

Guest Greene HD

Hahaha... It's an on-line television service like Netflix. Hulu has the best listings for television shows (going way back) and Netflix is best at movies.

The series can also be found on Amazon Prime, Roku, and Apple TV by the end of the year if you don't have traditional television.

Link to Hulu:

http://www.hulu.com