carrfixr

2015 VA beach meet

Hoping the rain & nasty weather blows thru quickly today so that we can have a great show day Saturday !!

Was at trailer parking last evening and got to meet several early arrivals. Smiling faces - all successfully navigating some rush-hour traffic. What a great site this is! See you all soon.

Terry

Guest my3buicks

All my friends keep asking when I am leaving, I tell them when ever I can find a 7 hour window in the weather - as of now leaving at 6 AM which should be dryish here and getting in VB 2 PM which looks to be dryish. But like the weather, that could change instantly.

All my friends keep asking when I am leaving, I tell them when ever I can find a 7 hour window in the weather - as of now leaving at 6 AM which should be dryish here and getting in VB 2 PM which looks to be dryish. But like the weather, that could change instantly.

Keith,

you might be waiting until tomorrow evening to leave for that 7 hr window

Guest my3buicks
post-30591-143143095182_thumb.jpgI hear you Mitch, it keeps changing by the minute and not for the better - I guess I will leave around 2AM and plan on giving the car the full cleanup. It kills me though as the car has never been driven in the rain (I guess technically it still will not have been lol)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]307184[/ATTACH]I hear you Mitch, it keeps changing by the minute and not for the better - I guess I will leave around 2AM and plan on giving the car the full cleanup. It kills me though as the car has never been driven in the rain (I guess technically it still will not have been lol)

i feel for ya that sucks.....

i am ready to roll tomorrow at 9:30 am

safe travels

post-53783-143143095184_thumb.jpg

Edited by mitch h (see edit history)

Heading out in the AM. The temperature for Saturday drops each time I look at the forecast. I'm going to pack some long sleeves. As long as the rain leaves the area by Saturday I'll be thrilled.

Cant wait to see you all at the Show, Be safe in your travels !!

Looking for sunshine and warmer weather

Guest my3buicks

Arrived safe and sound, the trailer parking guys were super nice, The car is a mess, and will even be worse tomorrow after it gets off the trailer.

Most of my 5 hour drive up was in the rain. My AACA Original HPOF Buick Riviera is sort of dirty from the drive. I don't know when I am going to get a chance to clean it as much as it needs.

rolled in about 5:30, the trailer parking crew was great especially Bill.. he hooked us up on a primo trailer spot down the road behind a hanger.. were parked pretty close to a paved road to get to the show field. its going to be messy no matter what but hopefully they use multiple entrances to the show field depending on where your spot location is. that will help alleviate a huge mess after the car pictures are taken..

Edited by mitch h (see edit history)

Guest my3buicks
Most of my 5 hour drive up was in the rain. My AACA Original HPOF Buick Riviera is sort of dirty from the drive. I don't know when I am going to get a chance to clean it as much as it needs.

Makes it very difficult when there are no close carwashes, I hosed mine off in Virginia Beach but by the time I drove 15 miles I should not have wasted my time. I'm parked right where all the trailers Pulled in so there's no way I will be able to get out without driving through heavy mud

Edited by my3buicks (see edit history)

Had dinner tonight at Maggie and Rays. As promised the crab cakes were fantastic. Place was packed. Thanks for the suggestion Matt!! Nice to meet you also!! Stop by and visit tomorrow!! Class 04b.

This show sounds like it will be GREAT! here is a question I haven't seen yet. I'm local, and a few friends & me are coming to spectate. is there spectator parking? I'm planning on driving my 64 Dodge Max Wedge clone. post-30986-14314309692_thumb.jpg See you guys there! I haven't been to the museum in a few years. Looking forward to seeing the cars & the planes

Makes it very difficult when there are no close carwashes, I hosed mine off in Virginia Beach but by the time I drove 15 miles I should not have wasted my time. I'm parked right where all the trailers Pulled in so there's no way I will be able to get out without driving through heavy mud

keith

back out and unload on the road then repark your trailer

Yes there is spectator parking, cost is $15 per car

this is a steal of a deal considering the museum is usually $12 per adult to get in.

it's going to be a beautiful sunny day... took a cool pick of my tow vehicle yesterday after unloading the trailer..

post-53783-143143097034_thumb.jpg

Guest my3buicks

The Showfield and the trailer parking area are in remarkable condition, thank goodness for Virginia sand, The sun is shining and it's going to be a beautiful day

Edited by my3buicks (see edit history)

Guest my3buicks

I have to say that was probably the best one, most organized national meet I've ever attended, and I've been doing it for 35 years. The Tidewater group rolled out the red carpet in every way. And the show venue was spectacular.

Very Cool Pic...

was a BEAUTIFUL day on the Field !!

Got to see All the cars that came across the apron, as I passed them on to the picture team for a shot with a War Bird !!

Most everyone was in good spirits and glad to see the Sunshine

It was a great show and well done. Congratulations!

As I walked onto the show field, I overheard a spectator talking on his cell, "Drop what you are doing and get over here to the Aviation Museum! There are all these great cars over here!"

my3buicks,

You certainly got your car cleaned up good. It is beautiful. I stopped by and admired it, but did not see you. I got a chance to meet more forum members in person today than I think I have ever at a meet before. It was a wonderful meet with many beautiful cars in a great venue. I enjoyed meeting a lot of you folks today as well as seeing a lot of old friends.