ABS Controller on Ebay

Guest Mahannah

Guest BobFitz

I am leery of a part from a junk yard (note the cut wire bundle on connector)and wonder if Ebay guarantee applies. "You are covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee if you received an item that is not as described in the listing." and the vendor "Excellent condition and in good working order."

Guest Mahannah

Bob,

the wires were cut because the forklift was coming to take it to the crusher and I couldn't get the harness to release in time. This came from a 1990 black V6 TC with tan interior. I understand your concerns and changed the listing with a money back guarantee. I tried to buy both TCs that came thru the Yards this summer but they wouldn't sell so I pulled as many parts as I could so that others may live on. Salvage yards don't care about how rare a car is. I've been buying and selling on ebay since 1999 (sandiegoshelby), have a % 100 rating, owned TCs and sold many of you parts. Hope this fixes the leery part.

Harold

USN Retired

1982 Rampage

1983 Scamp

1985 GLH T2

1987 CSX

1988 Consulier GTP LX

1990 Lebaron VNT

2005 Chrysler Town and Country

When salvage yards pull parts they don't waste any time dissembling, they cut the harness, they cut the bracket, they cut the frame and pull the part intact by taking whatever it's mounted to. When you're out in the yard and the fork is coming, you have to get what you need before it gets there.

True story; I was rebuilding a Chev 3/4 ton 1984 4x4, found a perfect rear bumper and windshield on an old Chev Suburban and made the deal at the counter and the yard man came out to the vehicle to pull the parts. He came with the fork and before I could stop him he ran the forks through the windshield to lift the truck to remove the bumper.

There are some parts I won't buy used unless that is the only source, others I will take used whenever possible. When it comes to ABS controllers and what an untested controller sells for, I wouldn't hesitate to buy two used hoping to get one good. ABS with traction control has to be darn near free or guaranteed.

Edited by Digger914 (see edit history)

Guest Mahannah

Well,

After 2 hours of frustration trying to get the stuck screws out of the kick panel to access the ABS controller on Larry's TC in Chicago we have given up for today. He is going to work on it this week. Once we have access and it is tested I will relist it.

Harold