1927 Chevy

A family friend is trying to sell a 1927 chevy 4 door landau, VIN 11AA55545. She is trying to determine the valvue of the car. It was her husband's and he pass away 2 years ago.<P>The car is pretty much disassemabled. All the parts are in boxes. The body is complete and rust free. The body is on the frame and the drive train is in the car. The motor can be turned over. The wood is in very good condition and much has been replaced.<P>If anyone can give me an idea of the value, tell me anything about the car, or knows someone who might be interested in buying a car like this please let me know.<P>Thank You

Selling a disassembled car in boxes and such is NOT an easy task. Anybody buying it is taking a big risk as to what is there and what is missing. Getting much money for such a vehicle when it is not something exotic or extremely valuable when completed, and this one isn't, is iffy at best. I can offer no dollar guidelines, only that it isn't going to be easy to sell for real bucks. Families of deceased car restorers who died in the process of restoration are usually in for a shock. It ain't worth today what the deceased had in mind while alive and working on it. Sorry! ~~ HV

I have to a concur with hvscotyard.It is hard to sell a bunch of parts<BR>as a car, you would get more money out of it selling it as parts.<BR>But that is more work.<BR>As far as value as a car.<BR>I would say you are looking a a #6 parts car<BR>value, maybe a #5, but not worth near what it was before it was taken apart.<P>Lots of people including myself, want to take<BR>the car apart themselves so they know how to put it back together. I always shoot pictures,<BR>while disassembling, months or years later it <BR>is hard to remember the correct order of washers, etc.<BR>I would guess for 27 Chevy<BR>4 door your <BR>looking at around $1000.<P><BR>Jay Wolf

I know what both of you are saying. I tried as best I could to prepare her for some disapointing news as far as the price.<P>I know she will not want to go to the trouble of parting out the car. I was hoping someone that is interested in some of the parts my buy it and part the remainder out themselves.<P>Thanks for the replies.