Rauch Lang Electric Automobile need info on Key

Hi my name is Don. and I'm a Locksmith from Wisconsin. I have some one asking if I can make a key for a 1916 Rauch Lang electric Automobile. from what i have found out rauch lang and Baker emerged in 1915. so if this 1916 Autobile be also a Baker ? i need to know if this key is single sided etc. any info would be appreciated Don,

I have a friend at Nelson, WI that has a 1911 Rauch & Lang Electric auto, however, the entire lock mechanism is missing from the control handle. I can't answer your question regarding the type of key, but I do know that Rauch & Lange continued to build their automobiles until the early '20's.<P>I did have contact with two other Rauch & Lange restorers--one in Missouri and one in California. If you send me your e-mail address, I will look up their addresses for you, and you may be able to get the information you need from them.<P>Would it be possible to get an entire lock mechanism to fit my friend's car?<P>My e-mail address is kaganz@mwt.net.<P>Waiting for you reply.<P>Ken Ganz

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thekeymaker:<BR><B>Hi my name is Don. and I'm a Locksmith from Wisconsin. I have some one asking if I can make a key for a 1916 Rauch Lang electric Automobile. from what i have found out rauch lang and Baker emerged in 1915. so if this 1916 Autobile be also a Baker ? i need to know if this key is single sided etc. any info would be appreciated Don, </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>hi don we have a 1916 Rausch Lange with the original key that we would gladly make you a copy. What we need is the electric diagram. you can contact me at dgoodman37@hotmail.com<P>

• 18 years later...
On 6/1/2000 at 7:57 AM, Guest said:

Hi my name is Don. and I'm a Locksmith from Wisconsin. I have some one asking if I can make a key for a 1916 Rauch Lang electric Automobile. from what i have found out rauch lang and Baker emerged in 1915. so if this 1916 Autobile be also a Baker ? i need to know if this key is single sided etc. any info would be appreciated Don,

Yours is an old post, but I am trying to find a key blank for our 1916 Rauch and Lang electric car. If you are still interested I can send you photos of our original key. It has the Rauch and Lang Electric logo on one side and is single sided. The key was made by Corbin. Can you steer us to anyone capable of making a duplicate key? The car is owned by the Marshall Steam Museum in Yorklyn, Delaware.20190414_171207.thumb.jpg.6d2e601ba2a353c395dc35c61d0d6df2.jpg20190414_171224.thumb.jpg.a703f38558bfcf45a7c1aa2dc180d4c7.jpg

Steve