1st. Gen rear coil spring plates on lower arms missing? And why my car sits higher on pass side.

rapom

I was reading and ROA article. Vol. 7 No. 5 page 10, And noticed that there are supposed to be coil spring plates on the bottom trailing arms. My 64 doesn't have them. Should I have them?

I bought the car lowered and I put it back to 2" over stock. The plates were never there and I thought it odd when I was replacing them.

Also, my car sits higher in the rear on the pass side. What is the cause of this? Was thinking of installing a shim under the driver's spring to correct this.

But it would have to be a 1/2" shim or plate which seems a bit thick.

Thanks for any info.

Guest clamshells

Both of my 65's have the spacers on the driver side only. If the passenger side is higher the spring may be seated incorrectly. If I remember correctly the rear spring end of coil should extend 25/32" past the control arm, anymore or less can and will raise or lower the car side to side. The stock shim is 3/32" so 1/2" is more likely the springs are incorrectly "clocked" to the control arm.

I was wondering if they needed to be clocked. I will try that first before I try something different. I had the thought that my front spring on the driver's side was too

weak. But I really don't want to mess with it as was very difficult to install.

Thanks for the replys