'36 Chev Modification: Oh, Yeah...this looks much better!

Hudsy Wudsy

Jay Leno has a Duesenberg with headlights down low like that. When he introduced the car at Pebble Beach a few years ago, some remarks were made about it resembling an aging stripper.

Someone went to a lot of trouble to make that 36 Chevy butt ugly. Ugh!

The guy that owns or built this car doesnt need those here that would belittle his work.

There only needs to be one person that is happy with it and the rest should keep their opinions to themselves.

You all know that if this car was at a show somewhere you wouldnt walk up to the guy and tell him that he went to a lot of trouble to make it ugly.

(kinda makes us look ugly)

Guest Skyking

Does it really look any uglier than what's on the roads these days? I think not.......

Park it next to a new Juke or Soul and you may agree.................

Edited by Skyking (see edit history)

I'll bet it handles like it's on rails with that rear spoiler. That is one of the most awkward looking cars that I have ever seen. No sense of style, just change for the sake of change. Those headlights are illegal in every state of the union, I would suspect. Loose the stupid wheels and tires, fix the front end, center up the rear wheels, adjust the rake from tail dragger to down in the front and shave off those fender flairs and you might, just might, have an OK looking street rod. 10K, no way.

The guy that owns or built this car doesnt need those here that would belittle his work.

There only needs to be one person that is happy with it and the rest should keep their opinions to themselves.

You all know that if this car was at a show somewhere you wouldnt walk up to the guy and tell him that he went to a lot of trouble to make it ugly.

(kinda makes us look ugly)

I agree, Jack. Not my piece of cake, but some one has an imagination.

Ben

Edited by First Born (see edit history)

Is it me or does this car have a lottttaa fiberglass ?

Strange,... I wonder what that paint job will look like in a few years :eek:

For the price though a guy could have a decent start and make a few changes back to normal.

Well, excluding the cheesy interior, firewall, V8 (probably a Ford rear end), 1980s directional rims not to mention the aftermarket Auto Zone side mirrors... other than that it's a pretty sweet ride. :rolleyes:

58Mustang, you've got it exactly right with "change for the sake of change". Just because you can, or have the ability, to change something, doesn't mean your results will have any value whatsoever. I wish that guys like this would apply their "talents" to things that were less meaningful or more transient. I wouldn't be so offended by his "artistry" at all, if it were applied to wood or clay, or something similar. The concept of creating something artistic from raw materials has been with us since the time our ancestors dwelt in caves. But to have the poor taste to modify so very extensively an otherwise pleasant looking heirloom car (and they are heirlooms, you know) offends me greatly.

Edited by Hudsy Wudsy
typo (see edit history)

Jack M and First Born, we live in a country which honors the free expression of opinion. We are also on a Forum which honors the preservation of vintage and antique autos. When it comes to modifying vintage vehicles I am tolerant of individual tastes up to some point, but I reserve the right to point out and laugh at the preposterous!

Jack M and First Born, we live in a country which honors the free expression of opinion. We are also on a Forum which honors the preservation of vintage and antique autos. When it comes to modifying vintage vehicles I am tolerant of individual tastes up to some point, but I reserve the right to point out and laugh at the preposterous!

Just because I can, should I ?

Ben

Guest AlCapone

You have said it like it is and I totally agree with your position. This car has been recreated to the preposterous stage and is laughable.

Wayne

Guest AlCapone
^^^^^Yes. Place the Chevy next to the Talbot and I defy anyone to tell the difference.:rolleyes: Obviously designed by the same person

​now that is funny ! Wayne

Even us old blind squirrels find a nut once in awhile.

LOL, that's great ! Yes we do....

Seeing is not the problem though, remembering where they are is the latest challenge :confused:

Glad you found some humor in it. I sure hate to see it come to blows with a couple of us geezers.

This is a result of something horrible that can come out of it:

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

Thats probably what I would look like in a fight as it has been at least 50 years since I was in one.

Lots of yappin and not much scrappin.

I don't know.....

I thought I seen videos of someone who looked like you in Russia a while back?

There's just some ole timers you shouldn't cross..

:)

The punching bag in the blue running suit reminded me of the modified 36 owner who was upset due to this thread.

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)