Need Auto-Lite A7 replacement.

I need to replace the plugs in my 1936 Plymouth, Auto-Lite A7. Does anyone a cross reference plug number.

The only cross reference I have indicates the following. This is from a publication by Champion Spark Plug Co. in 1965:<P>Champion Plugs for 1931-39 Plymouth W/ Regular heads: New type # J-11, Old # J-8<P>1931-39 Plymouth W/ Aluminum Heads: <BR>New # H-10, Old # J-9 [which is a long reach plug}

1941 "Motor's Factory and Shop Manual" specs for 1936 Plymouth:<BR>Models P1 and P2:<BR>Spark Plugs: AC-S9<BR>Gap: .025"

An alternative to black painting the cad. plated plugs is to strip off the cad. plating and blue them with gun blue.<P>Now how do you get the cad. off? I use a propane torch to blister the plating and then remove it with a wire wheel. I have been doing this for years and it works. CAUTION, don't breathe the fumes while burning the cad.<P>You have to burn the cad on Champions. AC's seem to blister from the heat of the head. My '13 Cadillac will blister the cad. on AC's in 100 miles. Then the rest is easy. Just did a set that way.<P>All the Auto Lites I have seen recently seem to come black. ~~ HV

My Kaiser & Frazer products came with A-7's also. I use Autolite 86 - which is currently made, has the correct heat range, and has the correct black base for vehicles prior to 1956.Champion J8C can be used also - but you should paint the bases to be correct for AACA judging for cars prior to 1956.