Reasonable Chrome Plating

I need to have bumpers and other parts plated on the 29 REO I am restoring. Can anyone recommend an outfit that does reasonable chrome plating, preferably in upstate NY.<BR>Thanks<BR>Bill Wayman<BR>

I use two chrome platers mostly. Qual Krom in Erie, PA. 1-814-899-8546 and Paul's Chrome as John stated. They also have a web site; <A HREF="http://www.paulschrome.com" TARGET=_blank>www.paulschrome.com</A> <BR>There is no inexpensive chrome shops. It's a expensive business to be in.<BR>All you can do is shop for is quality.<BR>Rick<p>[This message has been edited by Rick Hoover (edited 05-04-2000).]

I have had good success both in price and quality from Nu-Chrome Corp, 161 Graham Road, Fall River, MA 02720. Contact Jack Baker @ 508-324-0002. They are at the big swaps in the East, Hershey, Carlisle, Atlantic City and probably others. You should find pricing very competitive, quality good.<P>Chuck

Chrome plating is not inexpensive. What you have to do is look for a platter that will back up his work and if you have problems he will correct them. Watch the cheap guys, you could have lost parts, warped parts, or here it is tough S--T. Go with someone you Have talked to and they make you feel comfortable. Talk to others that had work done at that shop. Then you make your decission.<P>Later, <BR>Bob

There was or maybe still is a plating shop in Syracuse, But I have no idea of the name.<BR>Go to some car shows in your area & ask around, someone will be glad to help and you can look at there car & judge the work.<P>------------------<BR>Mike<BR><A HREF="http://1964cadillac.carsouth.com" TARGET=_blank>1964 Cadillac & Cars from the 40`s to 70`s<P>FREE! Cadillac parts posting</A>

I'll agree with Nu-chrome gave them my bumper ends to rebuild and re-chrome. Nice thing with them is you can see Jack at the show and drop off your parts with him, to be redelivered at a later show if you like. Ever little bit of savings helps. We all know by now that cheap means ruined parts that you still have to pay for.Chrome is very expensive, be sure the part must be done, I under estimated how bad a part could look but still be brought back to desent shape. Good Luck.