trunk switch

my trunk switch keeps going on and off on my 88 reatta even when the car is shut off and th fuse is pulled, has anyone heard of this problem and can help,<BR> <BR>thanks jmi

Guest Hal Davis (MODEL A HAL)

By "trunk switch", I assume you mean the switch that opens the trunk from inside the car. I have to wonder if your problem is more mechanical than electrical. We had a similar problem with a hatch back once. It would be latched, apparently well. You could not pull it up by hand, but turn into a steep driveway (We actually had hills where we used to live) and flex the frame just right and the hatch back would pop open. This problem did not occur until after the car had been repaired after a major accident. They're never the same after a wreck, are they? Hope this helps.<P>Hal

I had a weird problem where my Bonneville's trunk would pop all by itself from time to time. Turned out the release button on the door was slightly misaligned so it was making intermittent contact, occasionally contacting enough to send the signal.<P>Cheers,<BR>Bry