Sign in to follow this  
Steve Moskowitz

Have Any Kids with you at Hershey?

If you have any kids with you at Hershey, please feel free to let them sit in the seat of my race car in 24D. I doubt I will be around the car much. Hopefully you can get some pictures of them smiling!

post-30866-143142757077_thumb.jpg

Your offer is most generous, but many "urchins" are not respectful of their surroundings, your car or others!

I would hope that parents will make sure they are respectful but the offer stands. I will deal with any issues. I'd rather thrill a kid and get them hooked on the hobby then tell them do not touch. Just my preference...not telling others in any way what to do. The Olds Special is going to be raced in vintage events so it will have road rash here and there.

Steve, I too love to get the younger ones in my Crosley's! That's what it is all about, instilling the interest of the old cars in the younger generations! Nothing better than seeing them behind the wheel as Mom or Dad take their picture.

I often let interested kids sit in my FarmOroad for pictures, usually end with them honking the horn. At a tractor show this Summer I took a friend and his grandson for a ride and his Mother took this picture. Ever seen pure Joy before? Caleb really likes anything with an engine and was having a great day.

Caleb-Papa-Jim_FOR-sm.jpg

Steve: My 16 year old would love to sit in your race car; and he would certainly respect it, as long as it goes really fast! Trouble is, he will never believe he is allowed to sit in it- perhaps if I show him this....................,;

Ron, trust me, the thing is a beast, tons of bottom end and perfect for hill climbs. Please, make sure he gets in it if he really wants to...I might have a sign on it to tell people it is ok as long as they don't mess around with anything!

That is a very nice offer. It is amazing how excited kids both big and little get when you let them sit in an old car. We often forget how cool it is to sit in our cars because we do it so often.

Can that young fellow blow that whistle, Jim?

Constantly :-)

His Grandfather kept trying to get him to slow down on the blowing but the request would only last a few minutes.