Sign in to follow this  
JPromo

New member with a barn full of parts

One more request, 1966 and 1958 Cadillac stuff or 1964 and 1970 Olds. Nothing specific in mind until I see it then I'll know. ;-)

Hello

Do you have any 20 X 2 bike tires made in the USA?

Any Packard Stuff?

Thanks Fred D

Get some good mouse traps as well and check them often. I always seem to bring home a critter or 2 when I get a new big load, or the stuff just draws them in some how. Either way they love that nice NOS packaging. Nothing worse than opening up a box and finding a Cherry part that's ruined because they built a nest in it.

Good luck with this project. I can't imagine how one begins with a collection like this.

Hello

Do you have any 20 X 2 bike tires made in the USA?

Any Packard Stuff?

Thanks Fred D

Yes to Packard stuff. I've found generators, fuel pumps, NOS trim sofar, and I know there will be more. I've heard one of the transmissions is Packard. What era and types of parts are you looking for?

Oh and the bicycle stuff is actually what I collect. What era 20er are you looking for? Balloon era or muscle bike? I don't have much 20" stuff but I may have one nice tire depending.

Edited by JPromo (see edit history)

Invest in some used shelving ASAP...!!!!!! Heavy adjustable stuff like at Lowes :)

I would have loved to! Unfortunately, it just fell in our lap and we were on a time crunch to remove it since the wife was moving out. At this point, setting up shelves would be a big project. I do need somewhere to set up things like bezels and hubcaps so I can finally find pairs. There's just no good way to tackle this!

Get some good mouse traps as well and check them often. I always seem to bring home a critter or 2 when I get a new big load, or the stuff just draws them in some how. Either way they love that nice NOS packaging. Nothing worse than opening up a box and finding a Cherry part that's ruined because they built a nest in it.

I think the dead cat we found took care of some of the mice :o but yes, I'm going to imagine there are some around, especially considering that the garage it came from hadn't been able to properly close in years. That's a fine idea.

I think dead cats only catch dead mice, though!

This is in line with the old adage "how do you eat an elephant?....one bite at a time". Instead of looking at the whole, just concentrate on one area or section or genre of parts (such as hubcaps mentioned), post them here or on Ebay, then move on to next area.

I can tell you that it's a long process, I had one garage full of stuff I bought from a fellow, and it took me two years to find homes for all the stuff. I think I still have some tail lights kicking around that were part of that, and it was over a decade ago!

Good luck with dispersal!

I think dead cats only catch dead mice, though!

This is in line with the old adage "how do you eat an elephant?....one bite at a time". Instead of looking at the whole, just concentrate on one area or section or genre of parts (such as hubcaps mentioned), post them here or on Ebay, then move on to next area.

I can tell you that it's a long process, I had one garage full of stuff I bought from a fellow, and it took me two years to find homes for all the stuff. I think I still have some tail lights kicking around that were part of that, and it was over a decade ago!

Good luck with dispersal!

The first couple trips, I was just plucking out stuff that looked cool or decent and listed them as I spotted them. Now I'm grabbing one box and focusing on getting the contents listed. 2 years was precisely my estimate for this project.

Good morning JPromo, any possibility of having your email address ?. I like to send you a picture of a generator I am looking for. Mine is hsahu@tcn.net Thank you and have a nice day.

Harry

No kaiser parts???

I haven't come across much yet. I had one NOS gauge that sold already but the make isn't something I'd recognize at eye-sight, so if there's any more, I won't immediately know I'm looking at a Kaiser part. If you have some pictures of pieces you're looking for, maybe they'll catch my eye as I'm digging. If you do, feel free to send to JPromo134@gmail.com so I can have it in my mind.

WOW...

have to agree, better then christmas

Also better Grab a Snickers or Two, cause you are going to be awhile !! should be TONS of FUN ( LITERALLY )

Any 29 Chevrolet Parts >?< Keep me in mind

Another shot in the dark. Do you have any 1931 / 32 Chrysler CD 8 parts ?

Thanks Wayne

Another shot in the dark. Do you have any 1931 / 32 Chrysler CD 8 parts ?

Thanks Wayne

Anything particular? If I do, I wouldn't know it on sight--haven't gotten that good yet, but it gives me a car to learn and add to the library upstairs.

Any hubcaps like these with 2 1/2" ID threads ? (Disregard the information that was for another discussion)

post-69994-143142769712_thumb.jpg

Any hubcaps like these with 2 1/2" ID threads ? (Disregard the information that was for another discussion)

I have come across a handful of hubcaps from this era through the boxes. Not this exact one yet, but there's a chance.

Anything particular? If I do, I wouldn't know it on sight--haven't gotten that good yet, but it gives me a car to learn and add to the library upstairs.

Yes ! Hub Caps, trim, gauges, engine parts but only in excellent condition or NOS. Thanks, Wayne

1952 Plymouth Cranbrook 4 door sedan rear fender chrome strips if you have any. Even really good fronts as well. Thanks for the time.

Those are pieces I'm almost certain I have, possibly NOS too. The only hard part is that it's a pretty non-descript piece. Can't send you a PM, so shoot me an email with some lengths so I can make sure I get it right and I'll dig them up soon.