Sign in to follow this  
starfireelvis

Who is going to Fall Hershey 2014?

Steve: We'll be joining you in 24B on Saturday. What a wild car! Looks MG based. It's a ttypical early special - the taillights and license plate lights are both from a Bugeye Sprite.

Rich, think I just saw your sign. Impressive history. My car is a '41 Olds not MG based. 18" of frame removed, 303 Olds V-8 and raced extensively in the 60's. It has Pontiac, Ford, and Sprite parts along with three Stromberg 97's. A mongrel for sure but I am happy it is my mongrel and will be racing it next year.

... and if you don't like the way he drives it, stay away from the fence! :cool:

Bad editor, BAD Editor! :)

I will be over in RNI 82-86 (behind TIP) and will be bringing a lot of Antique Toys that were part of my fathers estate, he was a huge toy collector, priced to sell fairly! My buddy is also brining his 59 Plymouth Fury Coupe to sell (don't know the price he will be asking) Nice car AZ car with ICE COLD FACTORY A/C WITH R-12. Also somebody is bringing some 32 Chevrolet parts to leave off for us to sell, as always I will have an assortment of 59-64 Chevrolet parts

After a few years of spending almost all of my time in the flea market space Tuesday-Friday and judging on Saturday, this year will be a little bit different.

I will still be in the Chocolate Field South along with Marty Roth, CG34 if I remember correctly.

This year, I am not bringing a truck full of stuff and will be bringing just a little bit of stuff to sell that I can fit in the trunk of my 1989 Buick Park Avenue that will be in the show in HPOF. I will be walking the fields looking more than usual this year, searching for a few small items related to my newly purchased 1937 Buick Century.

I have a 1954 Buick Model 41 For Sale. If anybody is interested, I could arrange to have a friend trailer it up but otherwise I will just have some for sale flyers for that car with me. I probably won't arrive until Wednesday this year and will be Judging on Saturday.

I have a 1954 Buick Model 41 For Sale. If anybody is interested, I could arrange to have a friend trailer it up but otherwise I will just have some for sale flyers for that car with me. I probably won't arrive until Wednesday this year and will be Judging on Saturday.

I know this is not the Buy/Sell Forum, but post a couple pictures Matt!!!

Shucks, Matt, I always seemed to buy something from you too! Still think the Trippe spotlight (mounted on a base with handle underneath) that I acquired from you is a neat item! See you there....dc

David,

I will see if I can find something odd or unique to toss in the trunk of the Park Avenue to tempt you. If you ever figure out the original use for that Trippe Spotlight, let me know. I still would like to know what it was designed for.

West,

That is my theory but I have never been able to confirm it. My only other theory was that it was for marine use but I think it would have had more brass used in the hardware if it were for marine use.

I'll get a picture, guess it should be on a separate what's it thread.

Hershey, what is standard size of vendor space? I have in mind 10x30, is that correct?

Thanks, understood!! Ummm, though I might think there are a lot of odd balls there...wait, you're talking space size...never mind...

We are bring a 1956 Ford T-bird drivers side NOS steel front fender - $4,000.

I will be in the north chocolate field at C4V 22-23

I also have a set of 1967 Mustang NOS steel right & left quarter panels - $350 each.

They are still in the original brown paper wrappers.

If some one wants them, I can bring them to Hershey

Contact me at 937 287-8466.

Leigh

While it rained half of Thursday and all of Friday, I wouldn't call last year a Wash Out. Many vendors had record sales, and many buyers found a LOT of good things to take home (including me). Saturday's show day was about as perfect as you could imagine.

BTW, how's that Clipped Pelican coming along?

Well this is good to know!! Considering the weather reports that are coming out now I will keep this in mind!

As for our Clipped Pelican... well.... Neal keeps getting distracted with other car purchases. He needs to STOP buying and START restoring. Oh, and then we decided we wanted to get into dog showing and breeding...... One thing after another! :eek:

I have been to Hershey every year since 1974 (the year I was born). Unfortunately, I had a bad accident with a table saw on Tuesday, and now I'm laying in a hospital bed when I should be walking the chocolate field. Thankfully, the doctors got all my fingers back on and I should mostly recover. I'm going to stick to metal projects from now on, no more wood for me.

I have been to Hershey every year since 1974 (the year I was born). Unfortunately, I had a bad accident with a table saw on Tuesday, and now I'm laying in a hospital bed when I should be walking the chocolate field. .

I'm sorry to hear that Steve. Here's hoping you get well soon. I am missing most of Hershey too this year. My middle daughter is getting married (finally). She and her Mom have ganged up on me. :(

PS, just spent almost $500.00 on alcohol (beer, wine, "sparkily water") for the festivities. Do you know how many nice antique auto parts I could have bought for that?

Edited by R W Burgess (see edit history)

Wayne, shame on you for breaking on the the ten commandments of a car collector. "Thou shalt not allow thy son nor daughter to marry during the holy week of Hershey." :D

Dave, I really was disappointed, but then how do you turn down a daughter as beautiful as our daughter Lea Anne, a gentleman as nice as her husband, Zack Collett? Gloria hand sewed that dress, by the way. It was a proud moment for our family.

Wayne

post-31395-143142778627_thumb.jpg

post-31395-143142778657_thumb.jpg