Will these tires fit?

I have an opportunity to buy a set of 6.70-15 tires at a good price (I'm in desperate need of new tires), but the tires that belong on my car are 7.10-15. My question is will there be any trouble putting the thinner tire on my rims. FYI this is on my 1951 Pontiac.

Your going to downsize 1/2" in height and 1/2" in width. Doesn't sound like much but it is. As you know, no Pontiac ever ran on 670X15's. I don't like seeing anyone go down a size in bias plys. Have you priced 710's off of Coker or inquired about blems?<P>Fill me in before you buy them. What Brand? What age are they? How many 32nds on the tread? How much each? I be honest, and tell you if their any good.<P>Rick<p>[This message has been edited by Rick Hoover (edited 04-01-2000).]

Well I hate to downsize too, but $$ is a factor and I only get about a year out of bias plys since I drive about 20000 miles a year or so .... But the tires are new still in the plastic. the man bought the car and got the tires with it and doesnt want them ... he is using radials. I would be using wide white wall radials too, and thats what I plan on doing if the tires on the car last me long enough. I didnt want to buy them a year and a half ago when I bought the tires that are on my car now ... because I dont like the look of the radials, and its not what came on it from the factory. But seeing that i cant affors treplace my ties every year, I may make the switch.

Oh yeah I didnt answer all your questions.... they are BF Goodrich silvertowns... and like I said If Im going to buy a set from Coker or someone I will buy a set of WWW Radials. Even the blems If they have them usually run about $80.00 a piece. But I haven't inquired about them. The tires are on an internet auction and dont plan on bidding too high... Im not sure how expensive they will sell for. But Im sure it will be cheaper than buying them new from coker.

Pontiac51,<P>I understand the dollar factor, but consider this also. Say you did end up with these 670X15's tires from a private individual, and you had a problem with one, you may have difficulty in getting a replacement under any warranty from Coker ( as that's where all Goodrichs come from ) due to really not knowing how old they are in the wrappers. That tire sells for $100.00 new. All blems (new) are 15 percent off. So, I don't think I would pay more than $50.00 each without knowing more about them. Hope you do well.<P>By the way. If you should someday buy Wide White Radials for the car, do yourself a favor and buy only from Coker. There is a lot of "Junk WW/ Radials" being pushed out there. Stick with people who stick with you.<P>Your Radial size is P215/75R-15 $150.00 Ea.<BR>and the White Wall will be narrower than should be. Yours should be 3 1/4" on a '51.<P>Rick