Friend Request

AJFord54

Roger,

It is a function of the forum software that allows you to identify yourself as a friend of another forum member. I have received and accepted only a few friend requests on the forum. I don't know that there is any "advantage" of it. Perhaps the forum software developer will eventually add some functionality to it, such as a quicker way to send a PM to friends or something similar.

You know, there's something related to this topic that I'll mention here. My "about me" page is about as sparse and pathetic as one could be. I'm not much to talk about myself and I don't really gush about my interests. At one time I had a few "likes" which I had received from others, but otherwise little of note. I notice now that they have disappeared. I just went there to see that my page has been visited by 279 people presumably because of my odd name or my remarks in my 569 posts. I only am aware of how inadequate it all makes me feel when I see the box the declares that I have "No Friends". Somehow it all makes me feel naked and ashamed! Anyone else?

You know, there's something related to this topic that I'll mention here. My "about me" page is about as sparse and pathetic as one could be. I'm not much to talk about myself and I don't really gush about my interests. At one time I had a few "likes" which I had received from others, but otherwise little of note. I notice now that they have disappeared. I just went there to see that my page has been visited by 279 people presumably because of my odd name or my remarks in my 569 posts. I only am aware of how inadequate it all makes me feel when I see the box the declares that I have "No Friends". Somehow it all makes me feel naked and ashamed! Anyone else?

I've lived a very happy life to date. I thought I had friends. I read you post above and I went and looked at my profile page. I see that I have no friends. I am now sad. I guess it is because I don't use Facebook. ;)

Just joking... of course I have friends... as does everyone else on the forum. It is funny to read a profile about yourself... it can seem rather plain. I'm just too busy doing real things to update my virtual profile. :)

LOL.. I have had about 3 Friend requests since I have been on here. I never really bothered much with it. Most folks, if they want me for something, and do not know me, send me a PM. 99.9 percent of what I have to say can be said right on these pages. And my real friends most of the time use the telephone or see me in person. I know I have a following as I meet some folks at shows I attend and they tell me how they like to read the stuff I write about. After 5,384 posts, I must be doing something right every once in a while. LOL. :P Dandy Dave!

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)