Identifying 1959 Plymouth Sport Fury

Guest GHetland

Guest GHetland

Hi

I am from Norway, and I am an owner of a 59 Plymouth Sport Fury. My problem is that the VIN tag belongs to a 1959 Plymouth Savoy.

In the 70's a man bought the Savoy, imported a Sport Fury from Belgium or Holland to Norway and swapped the VIN tag, probably to save import taxes. In those days it was kind of legal. I would like to know the original VIN tag of this car. Is there a register somewhere to help me? There is a few things that can help me, on the back lid there is a dealer sign: "Baugher Waynesboro" and there is an original sign on glove compartment With the name "Marcie K. Semones" This sign came only on the Sport Fury models. I think the engine are original, but I have to look for the serial number.

Anyone out there who can help?

I apologise my bad English, but this is not my native language :)

Best regards

Gunnar Hetland

Guest GHetland

Thank you. It was information of historical interest. I wonder how this car ended up in Europe. What about the dealer? Is it still open? Do they have a register where they can track the sale? I don't expect that you can give me any answer on these topics, but the questions popped up. Is there any register of Plymouth's linked up to engine serial numbers and VIN tags somewhere?