Mopar distributor and oil pump

I have several NOS Chrysler dist. #IGP-4402b called solar spark ignition and cap (8 cly) and grease cup; and oil pumps E70677M and are complete in boxes but cannot determine their application. I would appreciate anyone who has older books to reference them for me.<BR> thanks Mike

The "Solar Spark" name and the grease cup lead me to believe the distributors may be from the 1930s.<P>On my 1933 Plymouth the distributor tag has something to the effect of "Solar Spark Ignition manufactured for Chrysler by Delco-Remy". (Can't be sure of the exact wording as I am at work now.) There is, by the way, a grease cup on the side that is to be turned down every 500 miles. <P>However, the part number does not fit the normal Chrysler series for that era (I would expect no letters but rather a number in somewhere below 900000 for a Chrysler part number). That actually does not surprise me as Chrysler did not seem to assign their own number to the electrical parts they bought from Delco-Remy. However, the number does not match the general form for the Delco-Remy distributors in my Plymouth parts book. That may not mean much because there was no eight cylinder motor used on Plymouths in those years. And I never have figured out the scheme used in assigning part numbers used by United Motors Service (Delco, Delco-Remy, A.C., etc.).<P>I suspect that the part number could be from who ever manufactured it for Chrysler. Is there any other indication of the actual manufacturer?<P>The same comment holds true about the part number on the oil pump: It does not match the normal sequence of Chrysler numbers. In the case of oil pumps Chrysler did assign their own numbers and may well have manufactured them. It might be that the oil pump is a "new old replacement stock" (NORS) rather than NOS.<P>Regards,<BR>Tod Fitch<P>------------------<BR>1933 Plymouth PD<BR>AACA #281304

UPDATE ON I/D on Mopar Dist.<BR>Gentlemen, thanks for the info. and I neglected to tell you a old # on the box as<BR>CC-1071821 and written 8 cyl Dodge Dist Ass.<BR>Hope this helps, mike(pabouy)

Before the the V-8 Dodge only made 8 cylinder cars from 1930 to 1933 - series DC, DG, DK and DO and all these were low production.

Ted, Thank you, you folks are amazing. I am a preacher who grew up on the 55 crown vict. and 3 retracts 57-59. I sure had a good time and wished some day to return to those great memories. Thank you for your help and now I'll try to find and interest in them> I hate to throw things like this away..Mike