Sign in to follow this  
Chefcg1

20" wheels for "65 flat black riviera

275's in the rear should give you plenty of traction, unless you get over 500hp or torque then I would look into going 285's.

youll have to post what you end up with mufflers, with sound clips. My exhaust is in great shape, but I'm going to probably try some different mufflers after I put my headers on this winter.

the car looks really good i like how those rims look on there. what kind of mufflers are you running? i have magnpacks on mine right now but thinking of changing it up soon..

the car looks really good i like how those rims look on there. what kind of mufflers are you running? i have magnpacks on mine right now but thinking of changing it up soon..

Thanks! to be honest I have no idea what's on the car now, I just know that it looks in good shape.

, unless you get over 500hp or torque then I would look into going 285's.

500 hp? Not out of a nailhead unless it's built for race only. You gotta' remember that the 325 horsepower 401 had the hp measured at the flywheel. And the manufacturers were probably a little over exuberant when they claimed that. One of the guy's over on the V8Buick.com website, who is dynoing his 468 cid blown nailhead is getting 426 hp at the flywheel and 349 at the rear wheels. Today's cars are pushing 600+ hp at the rear wheels. If you're trying to build a race Riviera, and want gobs of hp, you should probably swap a new crate motor into your car. :)

Ed

500 hp? Not out of a nailhead unless it's built for race only. You gotta' remember that the 325 horsepower 401 had the hp measured at the flywheel. And the manufacturers were probably a little over exuberant when they claimed that. One of the guy's over on the V8Buick.com website, who is dynoing his 468 cid blown nailhead is getting 426 hp at the flywheel and 349 at the rear wheels. Today's cars are pushing 600+ hp at the rear wheels. If you're trying to build a race Riviera, and want gobs of hp, you should probably swap a new crate motor into your car. :)

Ed

That was kind of the point I was making, that 275's in the rear should be plenty of traction!