I.D. needed 1920’s Cadillac Headlight Rim

Ric Dean

... Identification needed on the year of manufacture for this 1920s Cadillac Headlight Rim and Lens.

The Rim is 11’’ at its widest point.

… I have had this in a Display Case for better than 45 years; it would be nice to be able to tell folks what it fits.

Thank you, Ric

post-70217-143142733247_thumb.jpg

post-70217-14314273325_thumb.jpg

post-70217-143142733253_thumb.jpg

post-70217-143142733255_thumb.jpg

Ric,

You should find the information you seek in the Cadillac Database (http://cadillacdatabase.com/). Try the photo section: http://cadillacdatabase.com/Dbas_txt/Phot_ndx.htm

Hope this helps!

Jeff

Thanks Jeff

That did the trick; narrowed it down to the 1st year; 1925 Cadillac new ‘Custom’ line received nickel-plated headlights with a "shield" design Rim and a

small Crest, at top center.

Thanks again; Ric

Thanks Jeff

That did the trick; narrowed it down to the 1st year; 1925 Cadillac new ‘Custom’ line received nickel-plated headlights with a "shield" design Rim and a

small Crest, at top center.

Thanks again; Ric

In unambiguous authoritative unassailable verbiage : Your headlight rims applicability corresponds to all V63 ( 1924 and 1925 ) Cadillacs. It is the headlight buckets which were available nickel plated for 1925. Rims always were. If I knew how to post a picture I would show you a front on of my unrestored '24 7 pass touring. It looks quite nice , almost new or restored , but it is neither. If that pic with Cadillac script on the radiator would enhance your display , I do know how to email direct . My email is mrcfielding@yahoo.com -Carl