Just got ac fron Junkin'

DAVES89

Kdirks came up this weekend to go junkin at Gibson's. Who says I can't show a guy a good time? At any rate after he downloaded all my mem cal chips to memory, out we went to Gibson's. All I got was a Pontiac Steering wheel, but Kevin walked from one end to the other like a kid in a candy store looking for parts he needed and would maybe need off the 2 Reattas, numerous Rivs and even a Cadillac or two. He did well, both in parts and cost. We were there about 4 hours.

Then back to my house where I opened up "the warehouse" of parts that I had surplus of. After a little bartering [as Kevin had yet a few more needs in parts] I pulled out three compass mirrors I needed to have the back lights fixed and we were done.

He also took a look at the work I had been doing on the ABS sensor leads and I would like to think he was impressed.

Edited by DAVES89 (see edit history)

Was a great trip, thank you Dave for your hospitality and sharing from the parts stash. I would like to go on the record stating that the reworked Teves ABS leads Dave has been working on are first rate and should be good for many years of use. These need to be seen to be appreciated, as one would almost believe they were factory new parts by appearance.

As I just finished luch I need to get back on the road.

KDirk

Thanks Kevin. Regarding the leads, they no longer have splices as I no longer cut them to repair the outer insulation. We remove the pigtail end as well as all the mounting boots. Then a full length heat shrink tube goes over the entire lead making a seamless repair, and then we put the mounting boots back in place as well as the pigtail. They really do look very original.

BTW the spliced ones will stay in my inventory to be used by me. I believe appearance [even with the leads] are very important to us Reatta owners.