1930 Buick engine

Jerry, <BR>For 1930 Buick offered 2 different in line, six cylinder, overhead valve, engines.<BR>The smaller one was offered in the Series 40. The specs from the Standard Catalog of American Cars are:<BR>Cast Iron Block<BR>B&S: 3-7/16 x 4-5/8<BR>Displacement: 257.5 cu. in.<BR>Brake H.P.: 80.5 @ 2800 R.P.M.<BR>N.A.C.C. H.P: 28.39.<BR>4 main bearings<BR>mechanical valve lifters<BR>carb: Marvel T3S-10-758<P>The Series 50 and 60 engine Specs are as follows:<P>Cast Iron Block<BR>B&S: 3-3/4 x 5<BR>Displacement: 331.4 cu. in.<BR>Brake H.P.: 99 @ 2800 R.P.M.<BR>N.A.C.C. H.P: 3375.<BR>4 main bearings<BR>mechanical valve lifters<BR>carb: Marvel T4-10-754<P>I have National Service Manual Information on both of these models that I wold be glad tocopy and send you. Doesn't list torque specs for fastners, I doubt that you will find that info anywhere, but does tell haou to make most other critical adjustments as.<P>Let me know where to send them.<P>boettger@pronetisp.net <BR>

Guest boettger

Jerry, check the mail box at home!<BR>I sent copies of the '30 Buick stuff from the 1930 National Service Data book. Hope is is of some help.<P>------------------<BR>Steve Boettger<BR>'30 DeSoto 8<BR>'59 Nash Metropolitan<BR>'23 Chevrolet Touring