ceejay

Where to get a DYNAFLOW rebuilt ?

Just stumbled upon a shop in California that specializes in rebuilding Dynaflows and other early transmissions. I just have a feeling that he is expensive. (Just my gut feeling). Since Dynaflow rebuilders are getting rare, I'm posting the name of the shop and website. The shop is located outside Bakersfield, California.

http://www.vintagetransmissionrebuilding.com/

Email:  rsylvis@sbcglobal.net

I have a 51 Buick super that will not go in reverse. Maybe the band is rotted? It was going in reverse about a year ago but had sat since.

You definitely want to take that to someone who really knows Dynaflows. As I understand it, on some Dynaflows the band can unhook and the link fall out. It might be a fairly easy fix.

3 hours ago, 51super said:

I have a 51 Buick super that will not go in reverse. Maybe the band is rotted? It was going in reverse about a year ago but had sat since.

May we assume you checked the trans fluid level? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JohnD1956 said:

May we assume you checked the trans fluid level? 

🙄

Do you have a shop manual for your car?  There are detailed instructions for checking things in that book. If you own a car, you should have the shop manual for your car

Matt

• Like 1

I need to have my dynaflow looked at (53 Super). I am located  in  mid coast Maine. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

If you are in Phoenix or will bring it to Phoenix I can give you the name of a guy that has done many, many dynaflows.  He will no longer due R and R.

I have a Dynaflow transmission that has been stored in my dads shop for years. He had a 59 Invicta convertible that I believe it was rebuilt for years ago. It has a lot of dust on it from sitting for 10 plus years. He has Alzheimer’s and never finished the Invicta. I sold the convertible and a parts car years ago.  I only found transmission this weekend tucked away in the corner. I am looking to sell it. What Is the fair value price of one of these.  Any help would be greatly appreciated 

thanks

Duke

0611ED5C-46C3-4FCF-B1B0-8B0499E1E12F.jpeg

ABA6DE15-8C27-408E-9580-B2074A2D8C51.jpeg

Edited by Dukepol
Add photo change wording (see edit history)

On 5/14/2018 at 7:20 PM, Pete Phillips said:

Turned out fine. Trying to remember the name of the shop--was the man's first name, e.g. Carl's Transmissions, but Carl wasn't his name.  That was nearly four years ago and the car is no longer with me, so I don't have the receipt. Can't be more than one or two transmission shops in Watauga.

Big Johns Transmissions