Ethanol free gas

John Kelso

I buy all my gas at the Gulf station listed on the pure-gas.org site in Camp Hill, PA, even for my Vespa scooter. It is actually on the eastern end of Shiremanstown, PA and just happens to have a Camp Hill mailing address since it across the street from the official Shiremanstown boundary.

They only have ethanol free premium gas and it cost $0.40 per gallon more than the other local stations. It cost 10% more, but I get 12 to 15% better gas mileage so it is actually cheaper per mile.

I don't know where the pro-ethanol people got the idea that your fuel economy only drops 3% using ethanol gas since between my 5 cars and 1 scooter I am in the 12 - 15 % range.

I also use it in my lawn mowers where I was getting back firing when I turned them off with ethanol gas.

Plus my on 2003 car always had black stuff on the back until I switched to the ethanol free gas. Now it is alway clean.

Vila

1933 Chevrolet

1962 Triumph TR3

1984 BMW 633 CSi

I buy at Hakes in Dover, PA. They sell 93 octane non ethanol pure gas which my original unrestored 64 Riv with high compression loves! I also buy 100LL AV gas from the local airport but I blend 5 gals of this with the 93 to top it off since the AV gas has 4 times the lead content as the gas did back in the day. Also look for AMERIgreen Gas Stations. They offer pure gas and it's refined from American Oil! Bring gas cans! http://www.yorkgasprices.com/Hakes_Gas_Stations/Dover/123066/index.aspx

Guest Skyking

I don't know where the pro-ethanol people got the idea that your fuel economy only drops 3% using ethanol gas since between my 5 cars and 1 scooter I am in the 12 - 15 % range.

I also use it in my lawn mowers where I was getting back firing when I turned them off with ethanol gas.

Plus my on 2003 car always had black stuff on the back until I switched to the ethanol free gas. Now it is alway clean.

Vila

1933 Chevrolet

1962 Triumph TR3

1984 BMW 633 CSi

Unfortunately, here in the Ocean State, or anywhere near by, we don't have that option of buying Ethanol Free gas. I have a weed eater that wouldn't start without pulling the rope 1000 times and if when it did run, I wouldn't be able to finish the task without it quitting and sputtering. Now I buy a quart size can of non-ethanol at Lowe's and the weed eater performs as it was designed. I can't imagine what the crap is doing to my cars.................

I've switched to pure gas as well. My small engines just wouldn't run on the ethanol crap and I started buying the premixed ethanol free gas at HomeDepot for my small engines. Then I figured the cost per gallon was about $20. At that point I decided I would find a gas station that sold ethanol free gas and quit the nonsense. Ethanol was a bad idea and it is time someone admits that and stops the nonsense.