waldrons exhaust hangers

Guest carlbraun

Guest carlbraun

<o:p> </o:p>

Waldron's Exhaust is now reproducing the complete set of6 hangers for<o:p></o:p>

1963-65 Riviera's! I have attached a photo for you totake a look at. The set of hangers is available for $265.00.<o:p></o:p>

Please let me know if you would like to place an order! <o:p></o:p>

Kind regards,<o:p></o:p>

Ruth <o:p></o:p>

These hangers are great news! I have a sense that the interest in early Rivieras may be starting to increase, and hopefully more

parts will be coming down the pike. There are a lot more of these cars that could be restored if parts were available and if values of these cars would

increase a little more. Hemmings Motor News has apparently jumped on the bandwagon as early Riviera's have been in every issue as of late. One thing

for sure, early Riviera's are a breath of fresh air at any car event. After you have seen 10 million shoebox Chevies, 20 million 69 Camaro's and 15 million

70 Chevelle's, they start to get boring.

X2

These hangers are not overpriced......they are a much needed item at a fair price. I would hate to think that I had to tool up to make these and sell them for less than the asking price. For those who think these cost too much there is always universal muffler shop hangers or bailing wire.

Thanks again for tooling up to make these.

Edited by Seafoam65 (see edit history)

Hi Winston,

Thanks for your respond.

I agree that it's great these parts are made!

Because I am not living in the US there are additional costs getting those parts over here. For me it is a question of availability of discrationally money...so choises have to be made.

I know my exhausts are not OK now, so I am planning to do this next year and now I surf the net for info.

These hangers are not overpriced......they are a much needed item at a fair price. I would hate to think that I had to tool up to make these and sell them for less than the asking price. For those who think these cost too much there is always universal muffler shop hangers or bailing wire.

Thanks again for tooling up to make these.

No one said anything about being overpriced. Lots of work goes into "tooling up" to produce parts like these, we get it. Not many people have that kind of cash laying around for exhaust hangers so they seem "expensive" but well worth every cent. For purists building concourse cars or simply staying original, then money is usually not an object. Others, like me, who simply want to get a Rivi back on the road for the world to see will resort to "universal muffler hangers & bailing wire"....heck, I guarantee no one will be squeezing under my car to see how many wraps of bailing wire I used lol

Waldron's sells nothing but the best products on the market. Now they added one more, as mentioned, much needed product. Thank you Waldron's, keep up the good work.

Edited by RockinRiviDad (see edit history)

Those hangars are priced according to perceived demand, not the cost of production. A company like Waldrons has the facilities and machinery to produce them very cheaply. They are similar to other hangars and probably have identical components, and the amount of "tooling up" they might have to do is negligible. Waldrons doesn't need you guys to defend them. They're a company and and as such their drive is to make money, and they know they're the only source so they can charge whatever they want. They're not providing these to you out of the good of their heart. Rise up, fellow commoners! If you don't push back once in a while this will happen more often. Manufacturers of reproduction parts need to be reminded that the demand is driven not by concourse fat cats but by regular guys trying to get by as cheaply as possible. Those hangars should be half the price.

Guest carlbraun
Wow…very cool. The four at the top of the pic are the expensive (hard to find) hangers. The two at the bottom of the pic are $10 each.

Awesome to see more parts being reproduced for our cars

...a nice note from the nice lady at Waldron's...

Hi Carl,<o:p></o

<o:p></o

I now have the individual pricing! :) Thanks for beingpatient! <o:p></o

A set of the 1963-65 Buick Riviera tailpipe hangers isavailable for $65.00.<o:p></o

Thank you very much for your support and have a fabulousday.<o:p></o

Sincerely,<o:p></o

Ruth <o:p></o

wow...that's $32.50 per tailpipe hanger...that's steep!

Pretty close to the cost of one correct biased tire for my car.

Bernie

Tailpipe hangers for a 1970 GTO, of which there are ten times the market there is for an early Riviera, are 99.00 pair.

For those of you who think there is nothing involved in tooling and making these parts, whip me up a set and I'll buy them for the 50.00 you

think they are worth. Shouldn't take you more than a couple hundred hours....no sweat! Please just go to the Auto Supply....they have rolls of bailing wire for you just waiting to be purchased......don't pollute this thread with price complaints. If you don't want them or you think they cost too much, make your own from scratch or buy some bailing wire or use universal hangers from your local muffler shop. News flash.......restoring

and maintaining old cars is an expensive hobby.....it is not like collecting butterflies. Nobody is commanding you to buy the hangers. They are

available for those who want them. A guy in the GTO hobby who used to send out a newsletter with rare GTO parts for sale back in the 80's had a saying for the rare hard to find parts for sale......BUY THESE PARTS ONLY IF YOUR MARRIAGE IS ON SOLID GROUND!

Ask & you shall receive...for those who care, here is a little more price complaint pollution that you can wrap in bailing wire & hang up from universal hangers next to your collection of butterflies. I can try & find more of where this came from if this still leaves you hungry for more.

You are right, these hangers are available for those who want them. If you don't want them then don't buy them. Same goes for this forum. This forum is available for us to post our opinion (price complaints in this case) if you don't like our opinion then don't read on...

This attached email is dated May 2nd of this year. All the info is right before your eyes...4 months ago Ruth verbally quoted me $10 for each tailpipe hanger & sent me this email after I asked what the tailpipe hangers looked like. Don't get me wrong, I totally dig Ruth & Waldron's but inflation is going crazy these days. Ruth is very knowledgable & spends time on the phone with you serving up some tasty customer service (unlike some other crappy exhaust company in Ohio that I can't name).

I am fairly new to this forum (2 years) but I don't think this is the forum where bashing each other over trying to save a buck or 200 is ok. My car may not be as nice as the others here on the board but for my first build I think I'm doing ok at it & trying my best (having ADHD in HD helps).

imagejpg1_zpsc1f741ce.jpg

Rise up, fellow commoners! If you don't push back once in a while this will happen more often. Manufacturers of reproduction parts need to be reminded that the demand is driven not by concourse fat cats but by regular guys trying to get by as cheaply as possible. Those hangars should be half the price.

AMEN, brother...

For those who think these cost too much there is always universal muffler shop hangers or bailing wire.

As much as I love bailing wire, or even old coat hangers, another option is to replace the rubber section on old hangers. I went this route when I couldn't find replacements.

A full set of hangers for an A-body Pontiac is about 130.00 and this is a car which has a huge market to absorb tooling costs. How many people are going

to buy a set of hangers for an early Riviera? There are very few of these cars left and the market is very small. Somebody has to pay for the tooling, they are not going to absorb it.

Why isn't anyone complaining about the high price of 65 Riviera console wood kits? They are very expensive, yet you can go down and buy the wood yourself for thirty bucks at

Home Depot. Personally, I don't care if you guys rant about the price with a thousand posts, I have no stake in this, and I don't need any hangers right now. What disturbs me is that

people who might be willing to tool up to provide needed parts for this tiny sliver of the marketplace will read these rants and decide that the Riviera market is not worth hassling with, and that would indeed be a shame. For those of you who aren't in the business of manufacturing parts or who skipped Economics class in high school, when you tool up to make a new part you take the cost of the tooling plus the cost of making the parts after the tooling is completed and divide into that total cash outlay how many widgets

you think you can sell, allowing yourself a reasonable profit. If the numbers don't jive, you may very well decide that there isn't a market there to justify the expense and drop the

project. If you think you can sell enough widgets to pay for the tooling then you go ahead and make them for the computed price. If you misjudged the marketplace, then you get

burned with some widgets you can't sell, you lower the price to get rid of them and you don't ever make anymore of them. If Waldron's can't sell any of their hanger sets, they may

lower the price and settle for very little profit or they may just not offer them anymore. That's how business works.

You have to remember that it was you yourself that chose to purchase and restore a Riviera. If you want to restore something for which every part is made then you should have chosen something like a Ford Falcon or Chevrolet Nova. Knowing up front what your battles are will prevent you from paying too "steep" a price for something.

If you think the price is too high, then YOU pay for the R&D, pay upfront for the necessary tooling, produce some inventory, and hope that there's a market for it. Then let's see what you wind up charging for your product. Or in lieu of that, just use some $10 universal piece from NAPA.

Ed

Why isn't anyone complaining about the high price of 65 Riviera console wood kits? They are very expensive, yet you can go down and buy the wood yourself for thirty bucks at Home Depot.

Because this thread is about exhaust hangers not wood kits...but thx for the Home Depot idea I will be down that road soon. Maybe I can use bailing wire in place of a wood kit...ah...thinking outside the box. Let's move on & start a new pollution thread on wood kits. This thread has become a broken record thread...everyone has the same thing to say

In summary, which are all obvious:

1) buy the cool new Waldron's exhaust hangers...or

2) tool up & make your own...or

3) use universal exhaust hangers...or

4) use bailing wire

Ok ok...the horse is dead...let's stop beating on it...GROUP HUG!!! Let's get back to enjoying our cars.

Because this thread is about exhaust hangers not wood kits...but thx for the Home Depot idea I will be down that road soon. Maybe I can use bailing wire in place of a wood kit...ah...thinking outside the box. Let's move on & start a new pollution thread on wood kits. This thread has become a broken record thread...everyone has the same thing to say

In summary, which are all obvious:

1) buy the cool new Waldron's exhaust hangers...or

2) tool up & make your own...or

3) use universal exhaust hangers...or

4) use bailing wire

Ok ok...the horse is dead...let's stop beating on it...GROUP HUG!!! Let's get back to enjoying our cars.

Ditto on the group hug! Now about those wood kits........!

Guest DRM500RUBYZR1

This is the United States of America.

As such, we are still a capitalistic free market society, much to the disappointment of those that think they know better than each of us, and advocate a central planning department approach, but I digress.

In a free market, a good or service will only be produced if there is economic incentive to produce it, I.e. profit.

That of course assumes no government involvement or meddling.

Until the economic incentive threshold is reached, only a fool would produce a particular product, unless he or she is visionary, and is certain the future will ensure economic incentive.

In this case, if there had been such economic incentive to produce such hangers, that they could be sold for less than the current supplier's price, then it likely would have happened.

It did not.

The only one willing too prodce them is the current supplier,and they are free and encouraged to set the price that THEY feel is sufficient to compensate them properly for their risk and work.

if it turns out that it is economically feasible and advantageous for other producers to take the risk and do the work, now that they can see what the market price commands, then alternate producers will be drawn into the market to get their share of the alleged lucrative endeavor.

That of course would cause the current price to fall.

At the current price point, I am confident there will not be dozens or even a few folks willing to take the risk for that reward.

No one would want anyone else suggesting that they are being paid more than what they are worth, so I would afford the current supplier the same courtesy.

I am happy some people are willing to take such risks, as I enjoy access to what they make, but it is their decision not mine, that establishes the price.

The marketplace will determine if the product at its current price, is sufficiently desirable to buy it.

If someone wants it, they will pay the price.

if not, the manufacturer will be stuck with them, then be forced to lower the price to try and recoup their investment.

I love the laws of supply and demand, and how both affect price.

i LOVE capitalism!

it works!

Keep those parts coming!

Marty

As much as I love bailing wire, or even old coat hangers, another option is to replace the rubber section on old hangers. I went this route when I couldn't find replacements.

Did that on one of my rear muffler hangars. Cut a piece of rubber from an old tire. My high school auto shop teacher showed me how. That was 1980. Its still on the car.