1925 Stutz 695 Roadster

Guest trailseeker

Guest trailseeker

I'm looking for a set of brake drums for a 1925 Stutz 695 Roadster. Does anyone know of where to find any?

It has the band style brakes. Has anyone done any upgrades to this style of brakes to improve the braking?

Tony

I'm looking for a set of brake drums for a 1925 Stutz 695 Roadster. Does anyone know of where to find any?

It has the band style brakes. Has anyone done any upgrades to this style of brakes to improve the braking?

Tony

Hi Tony,

I am very interested to hear more about your STuTZ and see some photos. I have a 1925 693 Roadster which is 120" wheel base car. Your 695 would be on a 130" wheel base chassis.

I was fortunate that my brake drums were in good shape, but there are only rear brakes on my car. There were some 1925 STuTZ 695 car built with 4 wheel hydraulic brakes. Not sure what parts would be available. The axles including brakes were provided to STuTZ by Timken. I have not done any research to see of these axles were used on other brands of cars of that period.

If you are not a member of the STuTZ Club you should consider joining. There maybe a member that has or knows of brake parts.

www.stutzclub.org

Edited by sldan (see edit history)

For what it is worth a 1929 Oldsmobile has band rear brakes I cast new ones .To reduce the casting weight Idrilled holes that are hidden from view by the wooden spokes and cut ribs on the underside of the drums to further reduce weight .Also replaced the wheel bearings with the max load bearing for the orginal sized bearing housing. Then drove the car for many miles with no problems but improved brakes while keeping the car looking orginal Not even the many experts out there could see the difference to this modification