Grace Dodge's Limousine

RWPerry

At the Packard Meet 2 weeks ago I talked to a guy who has a 1938 Packard Limousine purchased by Grace Dodge, the widow of Horace Dodge. She then sold it to Horace Jr. for $1. He has copies of the sales paperwork with the signatures of Grace and Horace Jr and some old photos. He wants to sell it but would like it to go to someone with an interest in the Dodge family if possible. The car is a 1938 Packard Twelve Limo with only 15,000 miles. Apparently Grace only used it to go to church on Sunday. Actually she had two of them, the limo and a Packard town car. He has both but wants to keep the town car, he is a Packard collector. He says that it is good mechanically but needs upholstery and some body work. He is thinking $40,000 for the car. I have copies of the photos and paperwork if anyone has an interest and a few buckets of money to spare. Anyone with a genuine interest can sent me a PM for more information. I agree with him that it needs to be in the hands of someone with a Dodge Brothers interest.

At the Packard Meet 2 weeks ago I talked to a guy who has a 1938 Packard Limousine purchased by Grace Dodge, the widow of Horace Dodge. She then sold it to Horace Jr. for $1. He has copies of the sales paperwork with the signatures of Grace and Horace Jr and some old photos.

Actually, Horace's widow was Anna Thompson Dodge, not Grace. See the link below:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Thompson_Dodge

Unfortunately I was going by what the guy told me instead of checking it out. He sent me some copies of the paperwork he had and I now see that he had it wrong. Grace E. Dodge did not sell the car to Horace E. Jr. but it was the other way around. He transferred the car to Grace in 1954 but then he got it back in 1955. Grace is not one of his children from any of his five marriages so now I do not know who she is unless possibly the wife or daughter of one of his children. I think I will try to do some research to track down who she was. The last registration card we have is 1955 under Horace's name. Horace E. Dodge Jr. Died in 1966. There was one photo of Horace Jr. with the car at Meadowbrook but I do not have a copy of that one.