Need help to ID a 1928 DB

Hi all,

Got a call from a potential new member. He's having trouble ID,ing his car so he found my name in the DBC News.

Here's what he has or what he thinks he has, A 1928 cabriolet coupe roadster with a rumble seat. Here's the problem, I the serial # was located on a plate that was riveted in the area where it would normally stamped on the frame. The # starts with a J 4xxxx . He was told (it was on the reg.) that it was a 140 series. (?) His motor # is J62-xxx.

I couldn't help him so I told him I would post his problem here. He is not quite internet savvy yet.

Can anybody help?

Thanks,

Joe C.

Joe, look in the front of Myers' catalog. The "J" serial numbers belongs to the Standard series of DB's, just like Tom and Cindy's green coupe. The 4XXX says it would be very late '28 probably '29. I don't think it could possibly be a coupe and roadster at the same time. Contact Tom and Cindy for Standard info, they have the only one I know of.

Joe, send me his email address and I can help. My Cabriolet S/N starts with J28-xxx and is early. One just sold recently with a late S/N J49-xxx. I have MUCH data on the 140 and 128 series Cabriolet.

Rodger "Dodger"