64 RIV PARTS- What's left on your wishlist?

Guest RivinitUP

Guest RivinitUP

Hey Guys,

I'm picking up another 64 riv tommorow, the guy is selling it as a complete parts car. I only need a small list of items, but I didn't want to see any of this stuff go to waste, so we are going to bring it all home and salvage what we can, if anyone is looking for 63, 64 stuff, please let me know what you're looking for and I will send you pics.

I'm not looking to get rich, just seems to good a deal to turn down, based on what I still need and I know that there likely others who are on the hunt for parts. based on what he has sent me I should have doors, hood, trunk, dash, console, door panels, rolling chassis, motor, tranny, bumpers. all up for grabs, I also have a 2 of the hood centerline trim and an original set of of the 4 headlights, in good shape.

Greetings.

I am looking for a set of 1964 turbine wheel covers and the wheels as well.

Thank you,

Marty

Any stock 15" Buick wheel 63 or 64 will work, 65 and up won't. Be aware that the cast covers take different length studs depending on whether you have 5.5" or 6" wide wheels. If you're going for authenticity, you'll need five of the cast covers. There should be one on the spare as well.

Guest Kaber

I could use a washer bottle and a center drag link for the steering and possibly the steering box.

Thanks, Tim

Guest RivinitUP

Hi Ed, I'm not sure if the car had remote trunk release, was it vacuum like this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1963-Buick-Riviera-trunk-release-vacuum-opener-OEM-1964-64-63-OPTION-/151338669599?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item233c7cd61f&vxp=mtr

I didn't end up picking up the chassis, just cherrypicked what i needed, really cool guy to deal with. I will be popping into see him tommorow to pick up a brand new oem the box windshield from him tommorow for $200.00 I can ask him if it's ok to pass on his email address to the forum. as he's not overly tech savy, but can handle email.

He had the car 95% dissassembled, he has the ownership and I believe the matching numbers motor and tranny, he's got the aluminum finned drums, but wasn't worth my while to transport the whole thing home to strip it down and part out. all the doors, door skins and window motors. some aluminum hubcaps, the lower fender grills. and what looks like original riv floor matts. I was gonna take pics but my phone died.

I scored a full set of interior with all 4 seats, solid seat frames, a centre console, steering column and steering wheel, a front scoop, the hood trim, window trim, wipers,air cleaner. and two mint front turn signal bezzels. all for $300. It was a good day. The guy was super nice to deal with, he's just trying to sell off what he can at this point.

Guest RivinitUP

Hey Tim, I snagged the washer bottle for myself, I took the column but the steering box and centre drag link should still be there. I didn't end up picking up the chassis. I will be seeing him tommorow, if you want me to check?

Guest RivinitUP
post-101477-143142636866_thumb.jpg Hey Marty, Is this the turbine wheel covers your'e talking about? I've got 7 of the hubcab covers 4+ the spare rims and 4 of these snazzy centre caps, which are apparently made of unicorn.hehe I Still haven't decided whether to keep them or sell them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]260852[/ATTACH] Hey Marty, Is this the turbine wheel covers your'e talking about? I've got 7 of the hubcab covers 4+ the spare rims and 4 of these snazzy centre caps, which are apparently made of unicorn.hehe I Still haven't decided whether to keep them or sell them.

Yes.......you are correct, I am looking for the turbine wheel covers you have.

Can we make a deal?

Thank you,

Marty

Guest RivinitUP
If the car is equipped with the remote trunk release, I'm looking for a good mounting bracket, the one in the trunk that the release mechanism bolts to.

Ed

HI ED, I checked unfortunately, there was no remote truck release, he had the complete stock set-up still on the car.

If you want him to shoot him an email and tell him what you're looking for, he will send you pics no problem. very reasonable to deal with price wise. just tell him that I sent you, i've been seeing him a lot lately, his old man had a ppg replacement windshield still in the box, wasn't sure what it was worth, but I know how much the OPG ones would cost me to get here. so I picked up off him yesterday still in the crate for $250, I think his Dad had a model A and a Model The garage, he's old school paint and body guy, not a man of many words, but had some great stories and one-liners.hahah

Here's gary's email.

Gary Ayotte <gayotte1@cogeco.ca

He had a complete 425 nailhead, with tranny and rear end, it still has the aluminum drums, dash was in good shape, but didn't have a/c vents. he's still got all of the door glass, motors,door and skins, some trim. My garage is now pretty full.hehe

Guest RivinitUP

Hey Tim, here's Gary's email, tell him that I sent you, ask him to email pics, he should have all of those items. A very nice guy to deal with. Gary Ayotte <gayotte1@cogeco.ca

Guest RivinitUP

Hey Marty,

We are just getting ready to head out to St. Johns, Newfoundland for vacation for a few weeks, If you've never gone be sure to throw it on your bucket list. one of the world's best kept secrets.hehe.

These rims and covers are on the car right now, so I would need some time to sort it all out and send you some pics, but would be open to the idea. The guy I bought the car of said they were hard to find.

Were you wanting the rims too or just the wheel covers and centre caps? maybe shoot me and email darrell@darrellbrown.ca with what you wanted and were wanting to offer. Thank-you sir.

Guest CentralIndiana
Hey Guys,

I'm picking up another 64 riv tommorow, the guy is selling it as a complete parts car. I only need a small list of items, but I didn't want to see any of this stuff go to waste, so we are going to bring it all home and salvage what we can, if anyone is looking for 63, 64 stuff, please let me know what you're looking for and I will send you pics.

I'm not looking to get rich, just seems to good a deal to turn down, based on what I still need and I know that there likely others who are on the hunt for parts. based on what he has sent me I should have doors, hood, trunk, dash, console, door panels, rolling chassis, motor, tranny, bumpers. all up for grabs, I also have a 2 of the hood centerline trim and an original set of of the 4 headlights, in good shape.

Looking for interior chrome 1) ribbed chrome piece that houses window controls (DS & PS).

2) chrome plates that mount on inside of front seat backs (1.5 " x 18").

3) Dash trim that mounts under glove box (black in center chrome edges.

Thanks - Walt 317 888-4791

I just got back to the shop and my '64 after "taking the summer off." Today I got the power vent windows installed and started to mess with the heater and a/c. I got this car missing the diaphragms for the heat doors, the a/c relay missing plus the wires to it cut off, and all of the vacuum lines pulled on the firewall side. Today I got under the dash to see what else might be screwed up and to remove the heater core. The good news - I put the entire cooling system under 30 pounds of pressure and all of the hose, clamps, gaskets, and THE HEATER CORE, held that pressure for 7 hours today. I don't have to replace the heater core. But, the plastic distribution housing that puts air to the a/c vents has a broken mounting ear on it and a big hole in it, and the rubber seals be that go with it and the seal to the defroster vent is cracked. If you have an a/c equipped car and can take a look at these parts to see if they're in better condition than mine, I'm very interested in acquiring them.

IF you can't understand what I'm describing, I'll take some pictures tomorrow and post them.

Thanks,

Ed