Got me one after all these years.....

Pensive Scribe

Just bled my brakes. Boy what a mess! Three of the four bleed screws had issues. One was broken off and two were seized and threatening to break. I got the two seized ones loose with heat, and managed to weld a bolt to the broken one to get it free. Going to replace all four bleed screws today. When I finally got to bleeding, the first squirts were filthy on all four, so the work is definitely worth the peace of mind.

I now apply Teflon tape to the threads of the bleeder screws.

This accomplishes two things.

One. The most obvious is that come time to remove the screw it won't be frozen in the hole.

Two. The tape prevents the introduction of air when using a one man bleeder device.

John F.

• 3 weeks later...

Well a couple of weeks later and the Reatta is about 2000 KM(1242 Mi.) older. Trip went fine. She's a little loose on the back end in bumpy corners, got to get rear struts before the next trek in May. Almost swapped ends on a bumpy bridge.

Any one been through the Canadian Rockies in their Reatta? I documented both ways by a mounted camera, so I can share some of the world class scenery through my windshield.

I took the Reatta up for a thorough post trip cleaning and got the new Avatar shot. Full size comparison below.

post-101885-14314309101_thumb.jpg

Actually added the third. Like it better.

post-101885-143143078418_thumb.jpg

post-101885-143143078422_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pensive Scribe (see edit history)

• 1 year later...