grille piece identification

Guest Ford777

Guest Ford777

anyone know what this piece is from, i was think around 49-50 ford, there are three colors in the center part only two of which i can make out ( blue and white, i assume the other would be red) post-101695-143142623135_thumb.jpg

Guest Ford777

I didn't end up picking it up so I don't have the length but I might go back in the future for it , although I do know it wasn't gold plated

Guest Skyking

My 1955 Buick parts book list that item as ORNAMENT, RADIATOR GRILLE # 1166813 grp #1.303. They only list one for all series. The only difference between the 40/50/60 and the 70 series is the gold insert as mentioned for the Roadmaster. I remember when restoring my '55 Special, that grille bar was the same for all series. The grilles on the 50/70 series were longer than the 40/60 series.

Guest Skyking
It is this point that I was confused on.

Yeah, there were some chrome parts that fit all series and some that didn't. When buying parts back then, you really had to look at the numbers. I remember going through Hershey and Carlisle with my parts book. There were boxes full of NOS chrome. Even the trunk emblem for the station wagons were different than the cars. The wagon emblems had a slight curve to them. Fun days for sure....................