1923 Chandler FOR SALE

Guest roontoon

Guest roontoon

1923 Chandler Royal Dispatch Sport Touring - Restored in 1962 excellent running condition. New tires, tonneau windshield, EXTRAS, My age of 86 says TIME TO SELL!!! $35,000 Serious offers considered -- Paul Winans PO Box 539 Northport Michigan 49670 Phone 231-386-7156.

post-68439-143142618121_thumb.jpg

post-68439-1431426181_thumb.jpg

post-68439-143142618113_thumb.jpg

• 5 years later...
On 7/4/2020 at 1:22 PM, Linus Tremaine said:

Only six years too late!  Anyone know where this car is now?

Linus, did you try calling the 2014 owner?

Thankfully, there is a phone number in the ad.

Maybe he still has the car;  maybe he can put you in

touch with the buyer if it sold.  And keep us posted, please--

it's always good to track a car that goes to another caring owner.

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)

On 7/6/2020 at 2:25 PM, Linus Tremaine said:

John,

I did call and its disconnected. The seller was 86 in 2014 and I suspect he may have passed away.  

You could check to see whether there is anyone

else by the name of Winans in his town.  If so, it may

be a relative with whom you could make contact.

In the only other posting by "Roontoon," the user, Dan,

says his father-in-law is selling the Chandler.  Dan probably

signed in under his father-in-laws account to announce

the car for sale.  So somewhere there's a relative who

knows the car.

Certainly the car may be sold, but if not, the remaining

family might be thrilled to get rid of it and be very happy

that someone contacted them!

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)

• 1 year later...

Linus Tremaine,

Ok, I am 2 years late to this forum, but I believe I am the current owner of this exact Chandler.  My name is Terry Ehrlich.

Please see this article where I tried to auction it a while back:

https://www.proxibid.com/Vehicles-Marine-Aviation/Cars-Trucks/1923-CHANDLER-ROYAL-DISPATCH-PIKES-PEAK-HILL-CLIMB-WINNER/lotInformation/55103207

I have been contemplating selling it for a while now, I haven't had the time to put the TLC into the car to get it a tune up or run it regularly the way it needs.  Things are also getting more chaotic as time is progressing.  If you are still interested, please get in contact with me.

Thanks,

Terry Ehrlich

SilverTazz@yahoo.com

Cell/text: 402-312-0853

Hi, Terry!  Where is the Chandler?  Nebraska?  I'm sure others will want to know for shipping/fuel prices.  Thanks!  Greg

hi terry,

just saw this update. Regrettably i purchased a car already. I really would have liked to have that car of yours but I already got a 21 studebaker. 

unfortunate timing! I went all the way to kansas city for my car so i probably drove right by your house with my trailer. 

blast

Linus

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest, I am not entirely set on a price.  I have been told that the value is between $40-60K, but I know that the last 2 times I sent it to auction it never cracked $20K.

I believe I would be extremely happy with $25K, but I want to have a tune up and inspection done first.  So we will start there.  Counter offers will be considered seriously.  I wish I could have a professional appraiser to do so, but that isn't cheap.  I will be working this week to make most, if not all, of that happen.

Please send another questions my way, I will be checking the thread periodically.

Thanks,

Terry "Tazz" Ehrlich

Actually if you review these forums,  professional appraisers aren't worth much more than a cup of coffee unless you are valuing for an insurance company or possibly an estate deal where you have to have something written up on paper.  Otherwise you know more about your car,  especially something so unique where comps are quite hard if even possible to find , to try to come up with a value.  You've looked into selling it and even given it a few runs,  so I think you will have a much better handle on value than someone who has never even heard of a Chandler in most cases.   I would save the money and put it toward the tune up.  A much better investment than the appraiser. 

Let us know when you get it ready to sell and post a fresh listing on here in the for sale section with an asking price.  It's a neat car, I'm sure I and the other members will give it a fresh look then. 

Tacked on to this listing,  makes it a little confusing to follow as a for sale ad,  so the Fresh one will give it a nice boost on the market. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We had a “professional appraiser” in our town, his appraisals were requested by local insurance companies.

His first question to car owners was always “ How much do you need the appraisal to be for?”…….

• Like 1

Greetings,

I appreciate all the info!  I will take all the advice to heart.  I definitely need to have it tuned up and checked, but it does look essentially identical to 10 years ago.  No new dents, dings, rust, and always been enclosed covered (garage, storage unit).  It will definitely be a beauty of an addition to a collection.  I want it to go to someone who can genuinely take care of it... the winner of the 1923 pikes peak hill climb deserves it.  I'll be in touch folks!

Thanks,

Terry "Tazz" Ehrlich

• Like 1

On 4/11/2022 at 11:19 AM, Terry Ehrlich said:

Greetings,

I appreciate all the info!  I will take all the advice to heart.  I definitely need to have it tuned up and checked, but it does look essentially identical to 10 years ago.  No new dents, dings, rust, and always been enclosed covered (garage, storage unit).  It will definitely be a beauty of an addition to a collection.  I want it to go to someone who can genuinely take care of it... the winner of the 1923 pikes peak hill climb deserves it.  I'll be in touch folks!

Thanks,

Terry "Tazz" Ehrlich

Terry you have a very desirable Chandler car. In my biased opinion one of the most desirable models that Chandler built from 1913-1929. Obviously the actual value will be between you and the buyer. I only know of a few that have survived so rarity is one your side for those that are looking for a Royal Dispatch. Good luck with the sale.

• 3 months later...
On 4/14/2022 at 8:58 PM, 29 Chandler said:

...a very desirable Chandler car.

Cadillac Bruce, I quoted Mr. 29 Chandler here, 

so the next time he is on the forum, he should

receive a notice.  I hope you two make contact.

It's always fascinating to see the unusual makes

and learn about their histories!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...