Early automobile advertising

Terry Bond

Just added this jewel to my collection. Have been collecting automotive related advertising calendars for years and this one came in the mail Saturday. Was wondering if this particular ad ever appeared in any other format - magazine print, lithograph, postcard, or? Would have posted under memorabilia but that section has degenerated into a for sale column and didn't want my question to get lost.

post-30751-143142616465_thumb.png

Great - appreciate it. I had a feeling this was an image that was used in multiple ways. I note the example shown in the link also has the hole thru the top, so that was meant to hang as well. Wonder if the calender is just missing from that one? The blank back would have provdied space for some advertising from a tire dealer, and if the calender were left off, there would have been additional advertising space below the image. I suspect though they were all intended to be calendard. I've managed to collect a few images in multiple formats and have several items that found in lithographic print form, as well as small advertising prints, post cards and even magazine ads using the same imagry. I'll be looking for this as a postcard but have never seen it before so it might be a never-ending search.

Terry

To answer the question posed by the advertisement... since I'm fond of brunettes, I'll take the one on the right.

Such a problem - with only one open seat...