FIRST CLASS

MrEarl

Got my ROA package in the mail yesterday. FIRST CLASS, and I ain't talking about the postage. The Riview, the introduction letter, card and decal and club as a whole...First Class!!! I am truly impressed. Look forward to being a member.

Thanks

Lamar ROA # 14537

Guest mstanleyfl
Got my ROA package in the mail yesterday. FIRST CLASS, and I ain't talking about the postage. The Riview, the introduction letter, card and decal and club as a whole...First Class!!! I am truly impressed. Look forward to being a member.

Thanks

Lamar ROA # 14537

And another seed has been planted at the Buick farm....

Sorry to hear about your tranny problem, is the verdict in on it yet?

Riviera is home from CO. Springs and at a local tranny shop near me. Fried tranny...has 157,000 miles on it. Have rec'd lots of good recommendations from car buddies/couple of mechanic friends re: the tranny shop. Looks like a total re-build is in order...est $1800. Expect to get it back mid-next week.

Welcome to ROA Lamar! The Association has just improved again......now that you are a member! Be sure to find the the login information inside the Riview for the "members only" area of the website. It will change with each issue.

We hope you enjoy your membership and do not hesitate to contact if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions.

Lamar,

Are we now to start sending you links from CL or other local classifieds to any '63 - '64 Riviera that we find? Now the fire has been lit, we need to keep it burning.

Thanks for the ROA plug, I'm betting that for every testimonial like yours we'll get at least a couple of more members.

I was a die hard fan of the '63 - '64 cars, and I still am with one of each, but since we bought the '93 in 2012, and the '90 just a month ago, I think I can truthfully say that those 7th generation cars surely do make nice drivers. They're a whole lot less expensive up front and you can drive them forever.

Will we see you at the '15 ROA event in St. Charles, IL? Surely do hope so; there will be a lot of ROA members anxious to meet you in person.

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

Lamar,

Are we now to start sending you links from CL or other local classifieds to any '63 - '64 Riviera that we find? Now the fire has been lit, we need to keep it burning.

I was a die hard fan of the '63 - '64 cars, and I still am with one of each, but since we bought the '93 in 2012, and the '90 just a month ago, I think I can truthfully say that those 7th generation cars surely do make nice drivers. They're a whole lot less expensive up front and you can drive them forever.

Ed

Ed, I wish I could say "sure, find me a Diplomat Blue '64" but the time just isn't right right now. Too much going on with the build of a new garage and the funding of that. But don't worry about the fire burning out, it's been burning (smoldering I guess you could say) since 1967 and hope to be able to throw some racing gas on it in a year or two.

(But I sure was tempted to call the owner of the Diplomat Blue 64 up in PA. advertised in the Riview...sounds like a beautiful car)

Mr Earl, good to see you over here on the Riviera side of things......

Thanks Kingoftheroad, actually I've always been a lurker. :)

Mr Earl,

It is not what you are looking for, but I could give you a heck of a deal on a 1989 Riviera to hold you over until you find the right earlier Riviera.

I tried that once Matt, with a beautiful black 93. 'sides, I see you have already sold it. Does that mean you're ready for another 54? But I gotta agree with Ed about the driving and handling of the 7th gens. Even my wife loved to drive the 93, said she "loved the way it hugs the road"

Glad to have you in the Association Mr. Earl!
Thanks Al, lots of nice folks here.