Texas Road Warriors: Portland, is it really Beervana?

old-tank

Nope. Severe pain last night. I went to my doctor this morning. Got prescriptions for drugs and physical therapy. Was strongly advised not to go. Just talked to Mary and we have decided not to go. The drive is just too long, and anything that went wrong would be a coffin nail without me being able to even open the hood.

Sorry boys.

I hope you all have a blast. Drive / fly safely and hoist one for me.

OK...

You can't keep a good man down. I want to see my Buick friends, brothers and sisters. I want to meet some of you who I have only spoken with online.

I just booked a flight arriving Thursday around noon.

I'm comin'!!!!!

Back pain be damned!

I just won't have any road stories :(

Hey Y'all - hoist a round for us in absentia -- really wanted to be there, and to match faces with names.

Our round trip would have been 5,687 (+) miles for us pulling a trailer, and but for a family health issue, we were ready for the adventure of the year!! We would have driven a VMCCA tour in Logan, Utah and southern Idaho en route, and then showed the '14 and judged at the AACA Meet in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin on the return trip. Some serious trailering, but we really wanted to put our 100 year old 1914 Buick B-37 Touring in the Driven Class since it just completed the AACA/HCCA Reliability Tour in Pennsylvania Dutch Country, and has also been awarded both 3rd and 2nd Junior at AACA Meets.

post-54863-143142627169_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143142627179_thumb.jpg

Mike,

You can join me in the mobility restricted (but not to make light of the real walking wounded war veterans) class.

And Marty reminds me, the BCA needs a Century (100 years Award. Let's bring that up to the BOD in Portland.

John

Mike,

You can join me in the mobility restricted (but not to make light of the real walking wounded war veterans) class.

And Marty reminds me, the BCA needs a Century (100 years Award. Let's bring that up to the BOD in Portland.

John

Thanks John,

...and some consideration might be given to 100 Year Old Buicks, even if they cannot be in attendance at a National Meet or Tour...

.... just surviving should be recognized, in my opinion .... not saying just for myself, but for so many other members whose accomplishments and preservation keep our Buick History alive for us to see and touch.

Thank you for the support -- wish we could have been there with you,

Marty

460 miles to Plainview, TX 17.8 mpg. Even though we drove 300miles without using the a/c, it's hot now.

Bummer Mike, after all that work and planning for a family vacation. Anyhow we'll see you in Portland and help you 'self medicate'.

Willie

Guest wildcat465

Sorry you can't drive Mikey. Text me when you get in, I got something that will make your back feel better.

Some Heartland Hooligans sitting in Billings right now, Boring part of drive done, pretty part starts tomorrow at @$$ crack of dawn.

See yous all soon!

OK...

You can't keep a good man down. I want to see my Buick friends, brothers and sisters. I want to meet some of you who I have only spoken with online.

I just booked a flight arriving Thursday around noon.

I'm comin'!!!!!

Back pain be damned!

I just won't have any road stories :(

LIKE!!!!!

Been here a full day now and like the area. 70 degrees and not very humid. The hotel is nice, they already have the parking lots are already blocked off. Tested the bar as we had to wait to check in and it will make us all happy. Good views of the river and the AC works... It should be a fun meet.

S**t, just talked to Willie and he is making progress, the wrong way ! His car is having bad vapor locking problems and will not make it over the first pass in the mountains. They are headed home and looking for flights. Hopefully he can find a reasonable flight from Austin and will be up here.

Not sure if you guys knew it, but the Annual Oregon Brewfest is July 23 - 27!

http://www.oregonbrewfest.com/

Portland Oregon's Waterfront Park hosts the

27th Annual Oregon Brewers Festival July 23 - 27, 2014!

Pouring 88 different craft beers from around the country - plus another 100 in the Specialty Tent - the Oregon Brewers Festival is the quintessential celebration of craft beer! On a sun soaked July afternoon, there's no better place to sip suds with friends along the banks of the Willamette River, with the Portland skyline as a backdrop to the west and Mt. Hood towering in the east. Whether you prefer Belgians or Blondes, Pales or Pilsners, Saisons or Wits - come to the Oregon Brewers Festival, and see for yourself why we're one of the world's best loved craft beer festivals.

This wounded warrior can't make it happen: "Can't get there from here"

Say it ain't so. Sorry to hear it Willie. This will be the first national you've missed driving to in how many years. You could always jump in the Olds and come to GA and play carpenter with me for awhile on the Buick Sales and Service Garage. :D