Forum Links

old-tank

So Willie, you go through the BCA website to get to this site? Everytime? What is the benefit of that. NOT saying tha's not a good way of doing it mind ya, just wondering what the benefits of it are. I have two "bookmarked" links to the site. One if I want to check in with the AACA happenings and the moderators forum which is http://forums.aaca.org/. And the other if I just want to view the BCA forums which is http://forums.aaca.org/f107/

I agree with your recommendation that the BCA website needs updating to include ALL the subforums or perhaps better to just the link you suggested. Apparently it just hasn't been done since some changes were made especially related to the Meets and Tours forum. I will email Roberta and ask her to check in on this thread, she may have a better answer than I. :)

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

So Willie, you go through the BCA website to get to this site? Everytime? What is the benefit of that. NOT saying tha's not a good way of doing it mind ya, just wondering what the benefits of it are. I have two "bookmarked" links to the site. One if I want to check in with the AACA happenings and the moderators forum which is http://forums.aaca.org/. And the other if I just want to view the BCA forums which is http://forums.aaca.org/f107/

I agree with your recommendation that the BCA website needs updating to include ALL the subforums or perhaps better to just the link you suggested. Apparently it just hasn't been done since some changes were made especially related to the Meets and Tours forum. I will email Roberta and ask her to check in on this thread, she may have a better answer than I. :)

My best answer is I wasn't informed these forums were being added, I think the event forum is redundant to the calendar on the web site, and i think the calendar on the website should be eliminated and everything posted on the forum page. Thoughts?

I think the event forum is redundant to the calendar on the web site, and i think the calendar on the website should be eliminated and everything posted on the forum page. Thoughts?

I think the BCA website probably receives MANY more hits than this Forum and that the general membership relies more on the website than they ever would the forum. The Website Events Calendar is more far reaching than the events posted on the forum. I don't see a problem with the redundancy of having the events on both. Tha's my thoughts anyhow.....

Compare the notice of the Heartland Regional on the BCA Calendar, and Paul Syrdal's postings on the Meets and Tours forum. Paul's pictures from French Lake Auto Parts has generated several comments and interest in the meet. Pictures aren't posted on the BCA calendar. There is a place for both - the calendar and the forum - sometimes redundancy is good.

Lamar...I saw/read your "what's happening on the forum" article in the Bugle. Great idea and it will shirley gain interest by BCA folks who rely solely on the BCA magazine and/or the BCA online site exclusively (and I'm not calling you Shirley!).

Thanks, Roberta!

I stick to the BCA forums...otherwise I would be wasting even more time reading about someone's 51 Plymouth.:)

I think the BCA website probably receives MANY more hits than this Forum and that the general membership relies more on the website than they ever would the forum. The Website Events Calendar is more far reaching than the events posted on the forum. I don't see a problem with the redundancy of having the events on both. Tha's my thoughts anyhow.....

The BCA Website Events Calendar is usually out of date (still has June events), behind on some since it mirrors the Bugle listing with deadline for listing, and there is no discussion or corrections possible.

Willie

Thanks, Roberta!

I stick to the BCA forums...otherwise I would be wasting even more time reading about someone's 51 Plymouth.:)

The BCA Website Events Calendar is usually out of date (still has June events), behind on some since it mirrors the Bugle listing with deadline for listing, and there is no discussion or corrections possible.

Willie

Your are welcome Willie.

on your other note, the website is only as good as what is sent to me, and when it is sent. Most often I update with hours of receiving new info, but can't update what is not shared in a timely manner.