What was the worst Buick?

Dave@Moon

Guest Shaffer

Thats why I never seen the Isuzu version in the early 70s. They was German in the early 70s, then switched to Isuzu (Japanese) later.

Wasn't the Opel a Buick import? I thought it looked like a squashed 'Vette. Don't know how well they run though.<P>Dave Wright

Guest Shaffer

Yes, it was am imported Buick. First made in Germany, them Japan. The later, was also badged as Isuzu I-Mark, which the Buick Opel actually was.

• 2 years later...

I thought I'd dig this one back out of the past for people to add their two cents to. Time was when the forum was filled with "what if" and "what do you think" type questions like this one (i.e. the "Best Buick engine" thread). Maybe some of our newer people would like to chime in on what's here.

And remember, like I said in the first post, not everyone likes spumoni. Be tolerant! smile.gif

I can remember my worst Buick...at the time I didn't know any cars but the 70's and early 80's electra's and lesabre's...my grandfather always had a new one in the garage and I took a lesabre to the prom, which was a better car than every car in the lot that night...my dada was a Ford man and he never understood why I loved those Big Buicks.

anyway, in 1987 it was time for another new Buick and grandpa brought back an oldsmobile. I was one sad kid (think about that with the age group!) especially after he explained Buick no longer made full size cars...It was the second year of the new mid-80's LeSabre's and to this day I think they were the worst car ever made. Buick broke my heart that day...

it didn't get better until I saw and acquired my 1970 Buick Electra 225. I smiled for weeks and still do every trip through the garage or down the road in my Big Buick!! Someday I hope to get an 84 or 85 Buick LeSabre Limited. Even with the olds 307 under the hood, It was my Buick of memories :-)

BigFella, the '80's were a disappointing decade for the most part, but Buick did build some very reliable cars.

When you say that the LeSabres of the later '80's were the worst cars Buick made, I assume that you are referring to the styling. The front wheel drive LeSabres were introduced in 1986. The cars were actually very good by the end of the decade, with J.D. Powers ranking the '89 LeSabre second only to the Nissan Maxima in initial quality. Yes, you can secondguess J.D. Powers, but the number of late '80's LeSabres and Park Avenues still in daily service is quite surprising. I see several on the road every day, and most have well over 150,000 miles by now. Many people love these cars.

What baffles me is how your grandfather found a "big" Olds in '87, since Olds' product offering at the time exactly mirrored the Buick product offering. There were no Oldsmobiles that were any larger than the Buicks. This was the heyday of GM's "cookie cutter" approach to car design, and there was very little to differentiate the Olds and the Buick.

Hey P.Patterson...that 58 rusting yet?? confused.gif I just couldn't help but ask the question. Ya see, it's been 4 years, and I was reading this magazine..... grin.giftongue.gifgrin.gif

Actually, that sounds like a nice sight to see looking out the window. With todays ice storm, that probably adds a Christmas like glisten to the ole 58. Now there's an interesting sled for Santa! cool.gif

Guest Dans 77 Limited

Okay, time for my reply:

Up until a few months ago I HAD a 58 Chrysler New Yorker 4 door in my garage (And its never seen by God wes virginny) It belongs to my older brother and although it DOES have some rust , for a car that has never been restored it is in damn good shape for a 58.

I also own a K car turbo convertible-

Quick- 2.2 litre electronic fuel injection, turbo, and after 18 years and 100K+ the turbo still works like new

Loaded -leather interior, full power options (Including trunk & mirrors )

Gauges instead of idiot lights, A/C, cruise, 6 speaker factory stereo

Ragtop- Till youve driven a convertible you dont know what your missing ,

Buick with its turbo capabilities might have been wise to build a similar car on the FWD Skyhawk platform

I also own one of the Olds powered Buicks and to put it bluntly ....... who cares !!!!! Its a GM engine in a GM car , its the factory original numbers matching power plant and has been nestled in between the fenderwells of my Buick since the day it rolled off the assembly line in late 76. As far as Im concerned its in a Buick , its been in a Buick , its gonna STAY in that Buick and therefore that 403 ... is a BUICK engine

If someone else cant afford it ... that must be one damn expensive apartment

Now to answer the question ....... Skyhawk ........ without a doubt . Not the front wheel drive one , the rear wheel drive one . I owned a 79 RWD Skyhawk and it was so unreliable I parked it and drove a $300 73 Oldsmobile until I got the Skyhawk loan down to the point I could pay the car off & get rid of it. That 79 Skyhawk almost swore me off Buicks forever, it was that bad mad.gif

Dan

Based upon personal experience, I had a 78 Electra that I would rate as the worst car EVER built. That does not mean I do not like 78 Electras, only that one car.

In it's defense, I was an idiot to buy it. I saw all the signs saying to run away, but I went through with the deal anyway. I loved it's looks, but it was a mechanical nightmare.

I also had an 84 electra Wagon. After the 78, I was scared to buy another Buick of this generation, but someone gave me an 85 Lesabre wagon, which he said he beat to death, and with a rebuilt tranny, the car was great. So when my sister was ready to give up her loaded 84 wagon, I took it off her hands. Ugh!!! What a bomb!!!

Other than that, I have loved every single Buick I have ever owned. The 57 Special convertible, the 56 Roadmaster sedan, the 66 GranSport The 67 Sportwagon, The Somerset T Type, the Skyhawk, and the 69 Electra 4 door. I have only kept the 56 Super 56 R, the 69 Electra 2 Dr Limited, The 69 GS 400 Convertible and the 95 Supercharged Riviera. And my wife loves her 93 Regal Custom, while my oldest boy has loved his vast array of Buicks but maintains his 93 2 door Regal GranSport. My youngest son has no less passion for his 89 Lesabre T Type, although he is heartbroken that he wrecked his first one in a dumb accident.

For those who had questioned Buicks marketing on the 95-99 Riviera, I wish to say; Buick didn't make any mistake. They built a fine automobile, which is quick, pretty and pure pleasure to drive. It's not their fault that new car buyers of that generation were so weak and didn't recogonize a remarkable car because it didn't have a bunch of numbers and letters all over it. And I, for one, am damn glad that not everyone has one of these babies sitting in their garage.

Centurion I never said it was a "big" oldsmobile...just an oldsmobile :-)

It did have more punch than expected and lasted many years. As for the mid to late 80's and the cookie cutter cars, they all sucked. My opinion is that this is the point in time that GM and every other american car company lost ground to all the imports. When US auto's were all off the same platforms and not very good (styling mainly, but anyting without that 3800 didn't make it to 150000 miles...at least nobody I knew had one that lasted that long!). I know in the east coast even if they made the miles they were rusty junk in a few years. I hated cars of that era and I believe alot of other folks did too and that is when imports really took a bite from the marketplace that the US manufacturers seem to still be trying to get back...

I don't think the late 70s Century Fastback wasn't that bad as mentioned before. My fastback is a 1979 and I like its unique body style. It's very sensitive to rust, though.....

Wasn't the V6 turbocharged? I think they all died a quick death. Mine has the 301 Pontiac V8 which I believe is a nice engine.

1977 Buick Century V-6 is by far the worst auto I have ever owned (I am 75 yrs. old and have owned maybe 40 autos---personally and in my company. It and a 1980 Cadillac along with a 1985 Chevvy pickup, made me swear I would never own another General Motors car. I swapped to Ford Pickups and SUVs and Lincoln cars and they have all been excellent vehicles----kind of like my 1955 Roadmaster which I have owned for 34 years.

That Pontiac 301 V8 might have been your savior with the Century. A very tough little engine. They even turbocharged it for the Trans Am and it held together. I don't know much about the Century, but the '78 Gran Prix my brother had with the 301 took an almighty beating, suffered awful neglect, and was still running fine when he got rid of the car (his in-laws had neglected it). He was mightily impressed. The car had full gauges and even a vacuum "mileage" gauge that you could use to monitor how heavy you were on the gas pedal.

Worst Buick? I never had experience with a bad one. My '65 Electra was a little hard on gas (had the 401) but my dad's '69 Electra with the 430 even got good mileage. Ran forever and looked good doing it.

The early V6's from the mid-60's had a bad reputation. The late '70s "economy" V6's were built very light (Buick even advertised this) and in our cold climate had a reputation of breaking many a crankshaft.

Bigfella - you dont know what you are talking about. You own a late model Bonneville and its a direct decendant of the 86-91 LeSabres powertrain sitting on a late model Riviera/Aurora chassis. Your driving one of the best Pontiac Buick ever built shocked.gif . The 86-91 Lesabre,Delta 88 were a huge improvement over the 77-85's. The 77-85's were just as much cookie cutter cars as the the latter. Only the latter was working some new tec. that involved traction, equal or better power out of smaller engine, better fuel economy by far. Ample room out of a car that didnt weigh as much as a pickup. Longevity never before heard of in Domestic cars. And styling that drew import buyers back to the domestics, such as myself. GM sold huge volumns of 86-91 Lesabres, Delta 88's, 85-90 PA's and Regencys, Cierras and Centurys, 87-91 Bonnevilles, Like Brian said I still see many each and every day. most that have gone to the junk yard have gone because of either brake and fuel tank/lines rotted or expensive tranny rebuilds. Dont go off on the trannys because most last well over 150,000.

It was the square gas gussling boats of 77-85 that sent us to the imports for economy and I wont say styling because there was little styling from 77-85. No one and I mean no one has ever looked at my 86 and not voluntairly said "nice car" and closed in for a better look. There is followings for the LeSabres, Reattas, W-Regals, Bonnevilles, Rivieras/Toronados so junk or ugly they are not. Our 86 was the best car for the money spent I have ever owned (except that Rabbit diesel).

There is a larger following for GM FWD than there is for all these older cars, naturally because they are older and fewer but your "opinion" is just that with no substance to back it up.

Oh yea, and to say "the Eighties" as one doesnt do well as a catagory. 1st half of the decade was old dying traditional American automotive clinging. 2nd half was full of new ideas, tecnology, new thoughtfull more aero dynamic styling and led to what we have today. Truth is the cars of the 85-86 came 5 years too late. Then another wrong turn in my opinion was made in 90-91 when they went heavier again and I feel styling went downhill again as well. At least for the H & C bodys. They kept milking the A body in classis American spirit. Some of the W bodys as well ran a little too long. I believe another turn back to import occured during this period as well. They must stop running bodys for 7 year with nothing but grill changes and badge location.

Dave - Why ? Why ? Why ? did you dig this back up ? I never post here anymore, but "me ainst gonna let no one bash me H bodys". cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> but your "opinion" is just that with no substance to back it up </div></div>

hmmm my generation went to imports because of the 86 and up domestic "winners". I can remember talking with friends in high school about it. Yes 1986 in high school. We all hated those cars. Did people buy them? yes. did they have any other option to buy domestic? no. are there alot of imports on the road from that same time period? yes. were there more imports sold during that time then any time previous to that? yes. were our domestic auto manufacturers responsible for that? yes. did the imports take more market share during that time period? yes. is your car nice? well I've never seen it but it probably is. As is the Acura the retired guy next door still has, in my opinion.

is the 3800 a great engine? without question it is a awesome engine. did the 307 in the early 80's buicks suffer? without question. With everyone trying to beat the gas issues and emmisions issues it took awhile to get by that...as is shown by the v8's that are creeping back into cars now. Would I still rather have a 3800? yup. is my GM Bonneville a reflection of what GM learned during that time period? it sure is. Would I still rather have a RWD Full Size Buick? yes, but someone else likes the plastic look so we got a Bonneville. It turned out to be a very nice car.

cars are an internal love. we all have periods and cars we don't like. Other people will disagree with us. Kinda like Buick vs. any other car brand. Many of the people I grew up with including myself do not like cars that the domestic manufacturers built during that time. my opinion. is it built on facts? yes. do you have facts you could use to argue your point? yes. but since we both have opinions why not leave it at that? someone asked for an opinion of *my* worst BUICK...and I gave it...I'll always have it. :-) No matter how much you try to flame me for it...

My parents bought a new 1976 Buick Skylark Coupe, the second new car they had ever purchased (the first was a '65 Ford Galaxy, which had reached the end of it's useful life).

First off it was Orange, and when I say orange, I mean [color:\\"orange\\"] <span style="font-weight: bold">ORANGE!</span> tastefully accented with a white vinyl landau roof and white vinyl interior. Anyways, the car made it halfway home from the dealer and dropped dead, beginning a career of breakdowns and failures that approached mythological proportions.

I was just a kid at the time, so I am unable to provide the specifics of individual failures, but I vividly remember some of the highlights.... Having a wheel fall off on the Throgs Neck Bridge, other pieces of the car falling off if you looked at them funny, multiple windshields cracking for no apparent reason, electrical fires, overheating, not starting if the temperature approached freezing, etc..

Well, my parents got divorced, and while I don't think it was the Buick's fault, it sure wasn't helping things that it spent more time on a lift than with its wheels on the ground, and my mom was stuck with it as our only car. In 1979-80 she spent over three grand in repairs for this misbegotten lump of (very occaisionally) rolling bad CARma, and was told that she needed the tranny rebuilt. The car only had around 38,000 miles at this point and had failed so many times in so many ways that She finally just gave up and bought herself a two year old '78 Dodge Omni which was also a pile of crap, but that's another story...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Dave - Why ? Why ? Why ? did you dig this back up ? I never post here anymore, but "me ainst gonna let no one bash me H bodys". </div></div>

It's only chocolate and Spumoni. There's no reason why someone can't disagree with our vehicle preferences, and no reason not to tolerate that. The more perspectives we see about our chosen cars, the better. smile.gif

Beside, I'm getting tired about reading <span style="font-style: italic">"How do I remove the widget from a 1948 Whatsit"</span> type posts. The AACA side has a Tech Forum to seperate out these kinds of questions, and it makes for lively conversation on a wide range of (automotive) topics. smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

It's only chocolate and Spumoni. There's no reason why someone can't disagree with our vehicle preferences, and no reason not to tolerate that. The more perspectives we see about our chosen cars, the better. smile.gif

Beside, I'm getting tired about reading <span style="font-style: italic">"How do I remove the widget from a 1948 Whatsit"</span> type posts. The AACA side has a Tech Forum to seperate out these kinds of questions, and it makes for lively conversation on a wide range of (automotive) topics. smile.gif </div></div>

OK, it's all white chocolate, and I ABSOLUTELY HATE the sight of that 60 LeSabre! shocked.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Butt Dave (spelling intentional), I can't get the widget off my 48 whatsit! What am I to do now? confused.gif

We all know Dave....he dregs up this stuff just to stir the pot up a bit. Isn't it true the best stuff settles to the bottom. I'll refrain from talking about the floaters. tongue.gif

Take that Spumoni boy!

Guest Skyking

I've read in some of the above post how awlful the 58 Buick was. Let me tell you, when I was at Flint in July and walked through the flea market and saw the red 58 Century convertible for sale my heart stopped! That was one gorgeous car!! It was probably one of the only years where it stood alone, like the 58 Impala...

"hmmm my generation went to imports because of the 86 and up domestic "winners". I can remember talking with friends in high school about it. Yes 1986 in high school. We all hated those cars."

High school kids have always been known for knowing a good car.

"Did people buy them? yes. did they have any other option to buy domestic? no."

I though you just said they drove people to buy imports, so clearly there must have been a choise.

"are there alot of imports on the road from that same time period? yes."

I dont really see them but thats been determined to be because most Buick/Oldsmobiles were bought by mature people, therefor less milage, less abuse.

"were there more imports sold during that time then any time previous to that? yes."

Import sales have been on a steady rise since the great Datsuns of the 70's. The VW Rabbit was like 78? t- mid eighties, so were the Mazda 626's and RX7's, others I cant think of - Celica. It was the Domestic generation prior to the New GM's that drove people to these imports.

"were our domestic auto manufacturers responsible for that? yes."

yes

"did the imports take more market share during that time period? yes."

Already talked about that. Its been steady and sure.

"is your car nice? well I've never seen it but it probably is. As is the Acura the retired guy next door still has, in my opinion."

Yes - Yes

is the 3800 a great engine? without question it is a awesome engine. did the 307 in the early 80's buicks suffer? without question. With everyone trying to beat the gas issues and emmisions issues it took awhile to get by that...as is shown by the v8's that are creeping back into cars now. Would I still rather have a 3800? yup. is my GM Bonneville a reflection of what GM learned during that time period? it sure is. Would I still rather have a RWD Full Size Buick? yes, but someone else likes the plastic look so we got a Bonneville. It turned out to be a very nice car.

cars are an internal love. we all have periods and cars we don't like. Other people will disagree with us. Kinda like Buick vs. any other car brand.

"Many of the people I grew up with including myself do not like cars that the domestic manufacturers built during that time. my opinion. is it built on facts? yes."

No - many also did like them

do you have facts you could use to argue your point? yes. but since we both have opinions why not leave it at that? someone asked for an opinion of *my* worst BUICK...and I gave it...I'll always have it. :-) No matter how much you try to flame me for it...

Was'nt flaming you I was flamed because you said "I think they were the worst car ever made." Woa !!! a yugo they are not.

"When US auto's were all off the same platforms and not very good (styling mainly," I just havent heard many/any people say the new GM's were not stylish. The Riv/Toro , LeSabre, Park Ave, 88's & 98's , come on they were great new versions of the old cars. Times were changing and domestic was way behind in the change department. You said you thought these 85/86+ cars were a reason for the trend to import. Do you think the big square gas gusslers had nothing to do with it and if GM had continued on the path it was on from 77-85 they would have kept market share ?

Me - yes school in 76 was so disappointed with the flat big cars of 77 that I had swore to Datsun,Toyota and VW for life. When I saw the "new" GM's in 86 I said "about time". Lets face it us young ones bought imports for 3 honest reasons anyhow

Cheap

cute

gas economy

we didnt have much money, and thats still the trend with the youth today. Small cheap and cute. High schoolers dont count well they didnt in my day. Today kids do actually get new cars. I dont count either because I still buy cars that are 6 years old. tongue.gif

Skyking - One of the cars Dad had that I drove when 17/18 was his fathers 58 Brookwood wagon. Bought new and only had 45,000 when we had it. I loved that car, what a great experience to be driveing such a dated car in the 70's. Everyone thought it was cool. Back seat like a limo. The 283 powerglide was not impressive but the workmanship and sheet metal work was. I miss steel dash boards, horn rings, big but fine steering wheels with the little finger bumps. The way the rear quarters wrap arond the back and then to the tailights is what is most awsome about the 58 Chevys. saw a 58 98 at a show I was set back by too. Never up close to a 58 Buick yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I've read in some of the above post how awlful the 58 Buick was. </div></div>

Uhhh..., has anybody looked to left of this post yet? smile.gif

I in fact don't appreciate the style of the '58. It isn't the 200+ lbs. of purely extraneous chrome trim (not including bumpers, grill, switches, horn ring, etc.), although I think the Pontiac and Olds did more with more that year. I just don't find the sculpting of the car appealing, especially the hoodline as it relates to the headlight brows.

I'm sure there a few reading this that can say something very similar about my '60, or the '39, or the (Oh no, don't say it!) '86 smirk.gif, or any other car in existence.

I once told my mother I was thinking about buying a '53 Loewy Studebaker coupe (one of the most renown car designs of all time). She said: <span style="font-style: italic">"You don't mean one of those Studebakers that look like sombody sat on the hood, do you?"</span> That was 20 years ago, and I remember it like it was yesterday. I haven't changed my mind about the Loewy coupe because of her, but I'm glad to have had her perspective.

By the way, the picture I've been using for the last year on my profile (reproduced on the left) is the cover of a German hot-rod related rockabilly compilation album named Boppin' Buick from 1985. It had a release mate named Boppin' Cadillac from 1981. Both records are awesome, although neither are precisely marque related (the Caddy lp is about 1/2 Caddy tunes). cool.gif

Guest Skyking

Dave, that's very interesting about your profile picture. I would not have guessed that. You also mentioned your 60 LeSabre, now there's a car that was a true sculptor. One of Buick's prettiest years......and also the last year for the torque tube....

The worst Buicks are the current Buicks. Any Buick at the local GM-Pontiac-GMC-Buick store is the worst Buick.

Those cars are the worst Buicks because they are not Buicks. They are GM uni-cars. There is nothing Buick about the cars that are sold using the "Buick" nameplate.

There are no coupes. There are no convertibles. There are no wagons. They are nothing special, charming, exciting, powerful or elite. There are no cars that can't be bought across the street cheaper with a different nameplate. They are the worst Buicks ever because they are not Buicks but steal the Buick nameplate for bland nothing cars.

I've owned five Buicks and currently have two Rivieras (every Riviera is a real Buick). The cars at GM dealers parading the tri-shield are Buicks in name only, are fake Buicks and are the worst Buicks.

• 4 weeks later...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> By the way, the picture I've been using for the last year on my profile (reproduced on the left) is the cover of a German hot-rod related rockabilly compilation album named Boppin' Buick from 1985. It had a release mate named Boppin' Cadillac from 1981. Both records are awesome, although neither are precisely marque related (the Caddy lp is about 1/2 Caddy tunes). cool.gif </div></div>

In case anyone's interested, a mint/unplayed condition copy of Boppin' Cadillac just showed up on eBay today (someone in Great Britain is selling a copy). These are <span style="font-style: italic">very</span> rare records, and you don't see them too often even on the internet. The lp's title in this post is a link to the eBay posting. cool.gif

Guest Dans 77 Limited

Subjective taste is just that subjective, you like what you like and there is nothing more to be said . The 58 Chrysler has been much maligned in this post , not a well liked car apparently. But my Brother has one , hes slowly returning it to its former glory , not because hes a fan of the 58 Chrylser(Hes actually partial to early 60s T Birds) but he likes the era, so this is his choice.This is his subjective choice.

Another guy on here likes the late 80s cars , not because I think hes a fan of the era, he just thinks the cars were well manufactured , thats a subjective choice and its his subjective choice.

I have a 77 , which apparently is loath to the same guy who likes the 80s cars , this is my choice . I love the car , not the era. I had a 77 Chevy that served me very very well and in that capacity made me a fan of the 77 model year GMs, plus I prefer a big square shouldered car. I dont want a rolling Easter Egg which is what seems to have been coming out of ALL factorys since the late 80s, but thats my choice . We can all sit here and argue till the keys break and nothing will be gained . I have a good friend who owns a 67 Skylark , is it my choice, NO , have I told him that , YES, Will I help him with it ,Will I do what I can to make it the nicest 67 Skylark it can be. With out a doubt , because I have learned that every one has different taste , I mean look at Dave @ Moon , my gawd a 60 LeSabre shocked.gif, Why ?!?! (Sorry Dave ... I had to grin.gif)Actually this brings up another point ,in honesty I was not a fan of the 60 LeSabre , then I found the National Pike Chapter and at the time I joined there were four 60 LeSabres in the chapter including Daves. Now after seeing them up close , riding in them and watching them, I want one, so dont condemn a persons choice till you have "Walked a mile in their shoes" . Lets put it this way ,the cub scouts cant be wrong , right Dave ??????

Lighten up people

Dan

Dan smile.gif cause I know your talking to me. smile.gif you are right and I know that. It was the way in which the 80's cars were attacked/insulted, and the rediculous notion that they were the original cause of the move to imports that put me on the offensive which I obviously felt I needed to do. I am guilty of using terms like square and slab sided toward the 77-85 era myself. Nuff of that anyhow.

You do bring an interesting evaluation to mind however. I beleive that the cars you grow up admireing while early teens or even younger are what draws you. Me it was the mid 60's early/mid 70's when I was from 10-18. When the style changed in 77 it was in the wrong direction for me. There were so many curves and trim sculpture that the next gen looked plain to me. Same goes for the guy that got down on the 86+ cars, he said he was in school. He liked what he grew up seeing and wanted cars to look like that forever, at least I did. Then people a little older than me really like the early 60's and 50's era. So what do ya think ? I know its not carved in stone but I believe its that early influence that you never quite get over.

Frankly this was a poor subject years ago when it was first posted and was a sure bet for starting trouble. Big suprise - DAVE !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The worst Buicks are the current Buicks. Any Buick at the local GM-Pontiac-GMC-Buick store is the worst Buick.

Those cars are the worst Buicks because they are not Buicks. They are GM uni-cars. There is nothing Buick about the cars that are sold using the "Buick" nameplate.

There are no coupes. There are no convertibles. There are no wagons. They are nothing special, charming, exciting, powerful or elite. There are no cars that can't be bought across the street cheaper with a different nameplate. They are the worst Buicks ever because they are not Buicks but steal the Buick nameplate for bland nothing cars.

I've owned five Buicks and currently have two Rivieras (every Riviera is a real Buick). The cars at GM dealers parading the tri-shield are Buicks in name only, are fake Buicks and are the worst Buicks. </div></div>

In response to this, besides the truth that styling has failed at least for some of us, the real problem with todays Buicks not being Buicks is actually that they are Buicks. However Pontiac and Chevy got the same Buick drivetrain and a few of the platforms(chassis) to ride on into the sunset with.

Guest Dans 77 Limited

My son is now a cub scout Dave , the other day [color:\\"red\\"]he tried to have it seperated from all my other old cars grin.gif.

86 2dr Ltd , no offense taken or intended, to be honest my father in law used to have an 86 LeSabre. The first time he let me drive it , it was several years old but it really surprised me , it was a peppy little sucker.

Dan

• 5 years later...