Super Wildcat & Posi

Guest clamshells

Guest clamshells

I have heard a locking rear end is more prestige than practical (they must not have a dual quad motor) but I am here to squash that here and now.

The Ghost at about 25 mph in a straight line with excellent tires stabbed no more than 3/4 pedal fried the tire and banged a gear and kept laying rubber. I considered the surface and set the car up again on a section of road I know well from riding my bike and at about 15 mph the same was no use in wasting the tire again I just let off. The only mods to the car is electronic spark, true duals.

Tom has stated a exhuastsystem that dumps at the rear axle "wakes the nailhead up" and I now wonder just how much.

Needless to say The Ghost is getting the 3:07 locking rear end I have and for darn good reason.

I have heard a locking rear end is more prestige than practical (they must not have a dual quad motor) but I am here to squash that here and now.

The Ghost at about 25 mph in a straight line with excellent tires stabbed no more than 3/4 pedal fried the tire and banged a gear and kept laying rubber. I considered the surface and set the car up again on a section of road I know well from riding my bike and at about 15 mph the same was no use in wasting the tire again I just let off. The only mods to the car is electronic spark, true duals.

Tom has stated a exhuastsystem that dumps at the rear axle "wakes the nailhead up" and I now wonder just how much.

Needless to say The Ghost is getting the 3:07 locking rear end I have and for darn good reason.

Mike, What gear are you running now?

Tom

I think a 3.42 rear was part of the Gran Sport package in 65, unless ordered otherwise.

If that's what you have now, the 3.07 will definitely tame it down--with or without posi. For my taste, the 3.42 is the ideal rear for 1st gen Riv's, and posi falls in the "nice to have" category.

Guest clamshells
Mike, What gear are you running now?

Tom

Tom, as soon as Goldie comes off the big jack stands The Ghost is going up and I'll get the codes. I don't know why Buick stamped the housing where they did its very hard to see without a lift to take the car high up to see.

Guest clamshells

Pretty nifty trick Ed.

Using the method in the video The Ghost has a 3:07 it is always spinning the 225/75/15's so I tried 215/75/15's and its even worse. That girl needs a posi!

Edited by clamshells (see edit history)