Hershey PA Auto Show

I Live in Hershey and would like someone who has been to Hershey for the auto show...to give me some idea of what type of volumn I might expect..if I was to set up a Belgian Waffle Stand and offer chicken gravy, sausage gravy, strawberry topping...etc?<P>The guy at Hershey has told me that I can set up, but I am having trouble locating someone who has been there already and that they can tell me what I might expect. <P>Any information would be greatly appreciated.<BR>My hubby and I have a stand at a local Farmers Market in middletown, PA and want to bring the waffles to the Antique Show. Thanks!! Kathy smile.gif" border="0<BR> confused.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0<p>[ 08-25-2002: Message edited by: Waffle Works ]

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

It is the largest antique auto event in the US. People come from mostly the East coast and Canada, but people come from the West coast and Europe. I tend to go for things that are more bland and less likely to upset ones stomach after walking around all day. Make sure you have lots of help, people do not like to wait long and have plenty of napkins and a few chairs and tables.

i'm sure you can expect a large volume of sales. i've been going to hershey for 30 years. i started going when i was 18. i'm 48 now and i can tell you that in all those years food vendors seem to do well. people love to eat! anyway-- do you intend to set up on the swap meet grounds or at your farmstand? if on the grounds-- you better contact the aaca quickly as the fall meet is rapidly aproaching! good luck!! ( from: beachyboyy@aol.com }

The food people that had the stand near me the last few years, told me how much they pay for their spot. It was so high that I had trouble believing the figuire. They said, although their volume of sales were very high, their spot cost them so much, that they would not be back this year. They claimed a lot of work and outlay for a little final result. I certainly don't mean to chase you away, as it sounds like I would stop at your stand! But make sure you find out what it will cost for your setup.

Yes, Hershey gets the money..and the cost is extremely high..so you know what that means...food prices must go up in order to make the rent. You wonder, when is this going to go back to the olden days, when everyone was fair and had good intentions. Thanks for posting, I do not know exactly where I will be set up as the guy from Hershey has not called me back, yet! confused.gif I cannot understand why he has not called me back.

How does a huge stuffed baked potato with chili and cheese...sound to ya? i agree with you on the bland, people want to walk around and don't want a lead sinker in the guts. Thanks for the reply...I still do not know where I will be set up as the guy from (Wonderful) confused.gif Hershey has not called me back. K

Hi thanks for posting a response, I need all the help I can get. I am still waiting for the guy from Hershey to call me back with a location...he is not giving me much time to get thing together. I am not sure if I will be on the mail runway or out in a field by myself. Since, I am new, i won;t be sure till I get there, what to expect, I am afraid. When I learn where I will be, I will post a message. Thanks, Kathy

Yes, we think that we won't make much money this first year, due to set up expenses and the extremely high rent that I have to pay Hershey. But, I think it will be great experience. Husband is scared to death of the up front money that needs to be spent just to get there. But, I am so passionate about my waffles that I think we would bring something new and wonderful to the show. But, can we keep up with the volumn, that is my hubby's question??? I am ready to take the chance. Our waffle stand does quite well. Hey, thanks for the response and you did not scare me, I imagined that there would be poeple just breaking even and not coming back...I am not sure if I will be there or not. Just depends on where the guy from Hershey decides to put me (at the last minute). Thanks for the response and words of advice, I sincerely appreciate!! Kathy

WE WILL BE LOOKING FOR YOU IN HERSHEY! WE ARE ARRIVING TUESDAY MORNING- CAN'T WAIT! MY WIFE LIKES ICE CREAM ON HER WAFFLES! IF YOU KNOW WHERE YOU WILL BE SET UP - LET US KNOW. WE'VE BEEN COMING TO HERSHEY FOR 30 YEARS! BYE-BYE!

We have the best in the area...I should not be on this thread but on the R&R but well, here goes...anyway..We are not sure of the ice cream yet, elec constraints..but we do have vanilla cream and strawberry..and chicken or sausage gravy..I will announce it when I know my exact location. We are excited too!! It will be fun!! Ask us for a pen!! There a gift the first day of the show! thanks for the reply, KAthy

beachyboyy...you should have a good chemical bonding with anonymous when you meet up. Ironic that you both "type" and "promo" the same.

Any contribution to "Old Cars" (?)

Regards, Peter J. confused.gif

U R A LITTLE LATE FOR THIS YEAR!!!

Now would be a good time to register for NEXT year!

That's the way it is at Hershey.

If you should be able to get a space there, location can make a BIG difference,

especially if they have one of their famous downpours,

when the rain makes the fields a mudswamp.

As you said you live in Hershey,

I don't understand how it is that you don't know about it? Truely unbelievable!

Vendors in the know work Carlisle the week before Hershey,

and get two weeks of sales.

Carlisle is for later model cars, but also has huge crowds prior to Hershey.

The two shows most definitely make for a two week event.

Registration is probably over for Carlisle also.

Neither event is looking for food competition.