Third Stoplight Problem

Hello All,

Today I noticed that my third stoplight is apparently just hanging on the wires. A closer look shows two posts coming from the tonneau trim strip up into the light fixture. Theses two posts are not connected to the light fixture. I see knurled knobs on the top of the posts that appear to fit into two sockets in the fixture, but I see no way to tighten them or "fix" them to the light fixture. Can anyone help as to how these posts should be attached to the light fixture?

Thank you,

Tom

Hello All,

Today I noticed that my third stoplight is apparently just hanging on the wires. A closer look shows two posts coming from the tonneau trim strip up into the light fixture. Theses two posts are not connected to the light fixture. I see knurled knobs on the top of the posts that appear to fit into two sockets in the fixture, but I see no way to tighten them or "fix" them to the light fixture. Can anyone help as to how these posts should be attached to the light fixture?

Thank you,

Tom

It would appear that these knurled posts have actually pulled out of the lamp housing itself.

With the hard roof REMOVED and the tonneau cover opened to access the bottom side of the stainless strip, you should observe 2 philips head screws. Remove the screws, the posts should now come free. Disconnect the wire connector so you can remove the 3rd lamp altogether. You should be able to epoxy the 2 posts back in, CAREFULLY, being sure not to mess the threads up inside the posts.

It would appear that these knurled posts have actually pulled out of the lamp housing itself.

With the hard roof REMOVED and the tonneau cover opened to access the bottom side of the stainless strip, you should observe 2 philips head screws. Remove the screws, the posts should now come free. Disconnect the wire connector so you can remove the 3rd lamp altogether. You should be able to epoxy the 2 posts back in, CAREFULLY, being sure not to mess the threads up inside the posts.

Hemi,

Thank you for your spot on analysis. I have removed the posts and now need to epoxy the threaded inserts (very small) back into the lamp housing. It is kind of what I anticipated, but I really needed to hear from someone with a lot more confidence than I before I really started to tackle it. Again, thanks a lot.

Tom

Hemi,

Thank you for your spot on analysis. I have removed the posts and now need to epoxy the threaded inserts (very small) back into the lamp housing. It is kind of what I anticipated, but I really needed to hear from someone with a lot more confidence than I before I really started to tackle it. Again, thanks a lot.

Tom

DIGGER and I are here for you guys. You just need to ask.

If you don't hear from me, it's because I don't have a good answer.