Hood emblem

fastdrink

Both OPGI and CARS have been out of stock on this for months and months; I'm assuming its from the same supplier. I too got tired of waiting so I found a high-res image of the logo, resized it to exactly the size of a quarter (25-cent coin, that is), printed it out on high quality laminated paper, and then made a clear plastic cover ever so slightly larger in diameter than the image but just the right size to fir snugly into the hood spear circle. It looks absolutely fine to me until they are back in production, and even then I may stick with what I have.

If you've received the OPGI catalog, it has a picture of the emblem. Coincidentally, the picture of the emblem is the exact size of the plastic one. It's on nice slick glossy paper and is a very detailed picture. Cut it out, laminate it, and glue it to a quarter, then glue the quarter into the hood spear. That should get you buy until they go back into production. :)

Ed

Anyone; How do I remove the original emblem from the spear without damage? Question may sound a little odd but, I will replacing my old spear with a perfectly good emblem for another without an emblem. I'll need to change emblem over. And, what adhesive is recommended?