Hood Liner

TNtc

I know that this has been talked about several times. But I thought I would kick the dead horse one more time.

I have noticed on pictures of older Ferraris they have what looks like a quilted material under the hood.

My question is, is that kind of material available and would it be a good option for the tc?

It looks good, it looks classy.

Have I got my head in the clouds?

I know that this has been talked about several times. But I thought I would kick the dead horse one more time.

I have noticed on pictures of older Ferraris they have what looks like a quilted material under the hood.

My question is, is that kind of material available and would it be a good option for the tc?

It looks good, it looks classy.

Have I got my head in the clouds?

Why even bother? You do not need an Under-Hood liner. Are you trying to keep the snow on your hood from melting?

No, Just thought it would look good.

I have cleaned up the bottom side of the hood the best I can. It is hard to get all the old glue off with out it taking the paint with it.

I know what you say there! The paint under my hood doesn't look too good either. The more I cleaned, the more paint I lost.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TCBucky89

Just from curiosity, what type liner was in these cars? I just recently got my TC, and it seems that this is the only part missing....and, yes....the underside of the hood doesn't look all that great!!

post-89473-143142576343_thumb.jpg

I have attached 3 pictures. The first one is somebodies sloppy attempt at covering the ugly underside of the hood. The second picture is of the hood liner used in the 1989 cars. The third picture is the liner used in the 1990 and 1991 cars. I think that if you could locate a liner from a 90 or 91 that would work great.

post-89473-143142576336_thumb.jpg

post-89473-143142576339_thumb.jpg

post-89473-143142576336_thumb.jpg

post-89473-143142576339_thumb.jpg

post-89473-143142576343_thumb.jpg

Just from curiosity, what type liner was in these cars? I just recently got my TC, and it seems that this is the only part missing....and, yes....the underside of the hood doesn't look all that great!!

On E bay some one is sell an under hood pad with Maserati emblem. They think it is gold.

Would be nice to keep original, but not for what they are asking.

I understand large upholstery shop have the pads in bulk, cut to size

Jim in Sunny Tucson