1970 Riviera Fuel Sending Unit (help)

Guest PrimalDesigns

Guest PrimalDesigns

I recently purchased a 1970 Riviera and is in need of a fuel sending unit. I have searched and searched but have been unable to locate a replacement. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement or what other unit is compatible for a 1970 Riviera 455. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

post-101163-143142551841_thumb.jpg

I recently purchased a 1970 Riviera and is in need of a fuel sending unit. I have searched and searched but have been unable to locate a replacement. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement or what other unit is compatible for a 1970 Riviera 455. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In checking one of my three Buick master parts catalogs, it lists the sending unit is for 1969 & 1970 only. Also doing a search on Parts Voice, there are no listings for any NOS units. Your best solution is to get yours rebuilt. Bob's Speedometer www.bobsspeedometer.com or John Wolfe & Co. www.johnwolfco.com

Bob Bonto #277 ROA :)

Technical Advisor 71-73

Charter Member

Right, '69 and '70 are the same set up: in-tank electric fuel pump which can be swapped out for an '80s ford unit. Nobody makes the sender, so you will have to find a salvage yard. Some people collect extras. Yardley, for example, is frequently on v8buick.com and also has a web page at 1badriv.com

Guest PrimalDesigns

Thank you everyone for the information.

Apparently the previous owner had installed an external electric fuel pump which works. I am trying to get the fuel gauge to read correctly. Bob71GS mentioned getting the current fuel sending unit rebuilt. I think that would be my best bet. I really appreciate all the information that everyone has posted.

Troy