Before cell phones!

mastertech

Wonder how many chariot wrecks boiled down to distracted driving?:P

post-69994-143142549617_thumb.jpg Rumor has it he was checking out Julia ( the daughter of Augustus ) in the front row while razzing his riding buddy about the large Turkish girl that his friend courted the night before.

post-69994-143142549617_thumb.jpg

Amish have been known to fall asleep and crash their buggies.

Guy on an Olds board is a retired deputy sheriff in upstate New York. He said one of the strangest calls he ever got was about a bunch of Amish teenage boys who had got into some beer and were out drag racing their buggies in the middle of the night. He said the one kid with a two-horse buggy was knocking dust on the rest...

On the way to the Buffalo Meet last week, I saw a sign on the NY State Thruway, advising that there was a

"TEXT STOP" 2 miles ahead, and that "IT CAN WAIT"

I think it is great to have a parking area on the highway to read and send texts, and wish more states had such areas, and would also enforce No-Texting laws.

With all the travel we do in support of AACA activities, I'm constantly amazed and disappointed at the number of distracted drivers who "attempt" to drive while their real attention is to their electronic devices.

Guest Skyking

I read in the paper today that the Rhode Island Senate OKs Bill restricting drivers on hand held cell phones. It has to go to the House for approval. If it gets approved the law goes into effect 2017. Duh! The reason being, it would allow time to inform people what would be coming. I DON'T GET IT.

On the way to the Buffalo Meet last week, I saw a sign on the NY State Thruway, advising that there was a

"TEXT STOP" 2 miles ahead, and that "IT CAN WAIT"

I think it is great to have a parking area on the highway to read and send texts, and wish more states had such areas, and would also enforce No-Texting laws.

With all the travel we do in support of AACA activities, I'm constantly amazed and disappointed at the number of distracted drivers who "attempt" to drive while their real attention is to their electronic devices.

They do. They are called "Rest Stops". Previously they did not need to be specially named to instruct people to go there to text.

I read in the paper today that the Rhode Island Senate OKs Bill restricting drivers on hand held cell phones. It has to go to the House for approval. If it gets approved the law goes into effect 2017. Duh! The reason being, it would allow time to inform people what would be coming. I DON'T GET IT.

Using cell phones while driving is illegal in many states, including the state I live in. I still plenty of drivers using them. I even saw a law enforcement officer texting while driving next to me in an unmarked car. I made sure she saw me and I gave her a dirty look.

I am more concerned about the gent sitting on the stone wall around 10:45 in the photo, Mr. Bleach. You may have something here.

Wonder if that guy may not have been the "typing while driving" culprit? Maybe he is contemplating jumping into the river with a bar of soap, clean up, then give the police a "clean look" instead of "dirty look" when they show up at the accident scene? Guess we will never know...

I am more concerned about the gent sitting on the stone wall around 10:45 in the photo, Mr. Bleach. You may have something here.

Wonder if that guy may not have been the "typing while driving" culprit? Maybe he is contemplating jumping into the river with a bar of soap, clean up, then give the police a "clean look" instead of "dirty look" when they show up at the accident scene? Guess we will never know...

I was thinking that he was climbing out of the river. With no seat belts (another subject) he would have been launched.