Have any of you ever driven in Canada? (Canadains excepted)

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

Hi gang, I took a trip to Montreal and Quebec a few weeks ago and found driving in the Great White North fairly simple. Once you figure out North, South, East and West, you find eveything is named after a saint.<BR>The exchange rate was great, $1.56.65 to the Green Back, and every Canadian dollar at 63.83 to $1.00 US (today's rates) but gas was 75.4 cents per liture over $3 per gallon and close to $2 US. In Canada they have the same signs and the same shapes as we do. Stop or Arrett is the same and turn arrows and do not enters are the same. The one thing that is different is green turn arrows, the have flashing green instead. Highway speed is a max of 100 km/hr, (around 63 mph) but no one seems to do below 120 km on the hwy.<p>[ 08-20-2002: Message edited by: SalG ]

Sal,As we live in Buffalo we go to Toronto via the Queen Elizabeth way,as you get closer to the city it becomes 8 lanes wide.If all you are going is 65 or 75 you better be in the extreme right lane or we are going to be reading about you in the paper and i am not talking about the sports page.I am sure the same could be said about any interstate around any major city.I know this is KK country but did you check out all the Tim Horton donut joints,i think there is one for every 5 Canadiens wink.gif" border="0

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

We had a great time. Lots of great sites and food. Tim is everywhere. Just like Dunkin Donuts is all over Mass.

Driving in Canada is simple. When I was there, it was a case of converting all those weird metric measurments over to MPH. A '49 Jeepster doesn't have that extra set of numbers on the speedometer. The drivers seem friendlier, no horn beeping or fingers. I do have to admit thought that I was only the "co-pilot" as I only had my learner's permit and couldn't drive outside NY state at the time.<P>Went to a show in Asheboro, NC yesterday. After leaving we ran into rain. I was following my Dad, each of us in our Chevy IIs. Had some idiot on a four lane highway in town that just <B>had</B> to get around us. He whipped over to the right cutting off the guy over there. mad.gif" border="0 Floored it pass me then Dad then whipped it back over in a spot not much bigger than his car, cutting off Dad. mad.gif" border="0 This is on wet roads with standing water. Then Mr. Idiot seemed content to travel along like a normal person as we stayed up with him until he turned off. Apperently his vehicle was so much faster rolleyes.gif" border="0 than our '63 Chevy IIs that he had to get his late '70s Olds out in front.<p>[ 08-25-2002: Message edited by: novaman ]

• 4 weeks later...