Showing car

Guest Ralmon

Guest Ralmon

Hi, recent member here. What is the best way to show the TC at car shows and meets? With the hard top on or convertible top down? Also, may repaint hardtop black. Car is red. Has anyone done one in black? Thanks, Rick.

I agree with Bill. If it is an all day show where you have the time to set up place the hard top on its stand and have the soft top in the stored position. If it is a show for points some will show the top in the half way down position so the top can be viewed.

On the TC it is a good idea to have the area behind the seat open (spare tire, tool kit and Umbrella viewed) Any lit that you may have looks good on the front seat. I made a poster with different facts on the car also compaired it to the Buick and Cadillac of its time. Also showed a comparison to the LeBaron so they would know that it is NOT a LeBaron. When the space allows I leave the drivers door open so they can see both the Manufacturing Plate and the fact the door seal is all stainless.

Edited by TNtc (see edit history)

Guest Ralmon
Red with black top pictures.[ATTACH=CONFIG]250372[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]250373[/ATTACH]

Thanks for all the info on showing the car. I like the poster idea and the other suggestions made. Really like the pictures of the black top and have decided to paint mine black after seeing how good this one looks.

You might want to inquire on the AACA Judging forum. They have specific guidelines for displaying a car at a meet. In the case of a TC, I believe the approved method would be to have the soft top up, and the hard top on the ground or on a stand, beside the car. The trunk and hood would be open and the widows would be up. Doors would be closed. The interior judge will ask the owner to open the door when it is time for judging. Literature would not be displayed with the car, but would be available for documentation, in case the judges had questions about authenticity. Once the judging is over, you can display the car any way you wish.

You can read the judges guidelines at http://www.aaca.org/images/judge/2014_Judging_Guidelines.pdf

You may want to consider applying a micro-fabric cloth to your hardtop like I did here:

post-56916-143142550436_thumb.jpg

I have a total of 6 TC's and this was a great solution for style and function to inter-change with my various colors. ESPECIALLY in the winter months

The porthole glass also have LED lights set inside which would not be possible with the standard ragtop.

Maintainance-wise I've had 7 years of drive-time on this micro-fiber/hardtop hybrid.

Hey Mike, How do you like having side pipes. Do they have a good sound.

Love the look, but the sound is from original pipes with modified mufflers. The pipes shown in these pictures have only one turnout. I have changed the pipes to two turn outs , looks fantastic. Three of my cars have custom made shields, all custom weilded with dual turnouts on single pipes. Originally we're hooked up but wore out chrome within short peroid. Can be hooked up live. Or with cut outs . Very expensive for constant replacement. Will post better picture within week. Of all cars

Guest Ralmon
Thought you might also enjoy a couple more pics

[ATTACH=CONFIG]251531[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]251532[/ATTACH]

Mike, thanks for the pics. The cars look great. What process did you use installing the microfiber to the tops? Thanks, Rick

First step is take top to auto glass shop to have portal windows removed and rear window removed they have the tools nessiary to cut out portal windows. Their are plenty of replacement vinyl tops replacement shops. Don't get vinyl top though. Get. The micro fiber material has a much more

luxurious look not shiney look of vinyl. And schould last considerably longer mine has been on for 7 years and looks brand new. Email me at mrk813@charter.net if you have any further questions mike key