What Is It? Can you help me identify this auto from the teens/20's?

Guest chico1607

Guest chico1607

Hello, I was hiking in the mountains and came across a red fender sticking out of the brush. Pulled the brush back and snapped a few pictures. Appears to be a two seat car from the teens or 20's, with a rolled lip entry to the front seating area and a door behind that. The front of the rear leaf spring mounts on the frame just back of the opening to access the front seating area. It has a sculpted rail/bar that goes around the perimeter of the area behind the front seat space, maybe an area for luggage? One of the gauges on the dash says 'Stewart' in script, and the shift knob is a round white sphere. I have been unable to determine what make/model of car it is, thought maybe someone here could shed some light for me. Thanks (First two pics are of access to drivers side seating area, 3rd pic is how I first saw it, 4th pic is of the rail I mentioned)

post-101004-143142536849_thumb.jpg

post-101004-143142536853_thumb.jpg

post-101004-143142536854_thumb.jpg

post-101004-143142536856_thumb.jpg

Guest chico1607

sorry, I know the pics are not much to go off of, just thought someone here might recognize the shape of the body where the access to the front seats are as something they had seen before

Chico, I doubt that the person who owns the car, or the property that it's resting on would mind if you hacked away some of the growth around it in order to get some clearer photos for easier identification. Although, there are probably some pro's out there who can tell what it is from what you've submitted. Larry W

Guest chico1607

Thanks Larry, wish I'd have done that when I came across it but was backpacking pretty remote in the National Forest, will have to take another hike and get some better photos.

Guest AlCapone

the experts ( not me ) on here need a good photo or more detail. The question you have asked with the information supplied can not possibly result in even an educated guess. Look for a numbered plate, a tail light, a headlight or a hood ornament. If anyone can help, these guys can.

Wayne