My neighbor wants me to sell his '36 Olds Coupe

This old man neighbor of mine gave me $20 to sell his car on the puter for him. (He better kickdown some more cash once sold). But....I can't find any info out there on a '36 Olds 3 window Coupe. He says it's driveable and wants $6,000 obo. confused.gif" border="0

OK mahatma, we've established that there is a car and it is for sale, now how 'bout an email or a phone #,that is if you really want to sell the car.

Guest leadfoot

'Puter guy. Your neighbor's asking price is fairly steep based on the limited pictures and info. It is obvious it is a 6-cylinder but not sure whether it is a club coupe or business coupe. If you check some of the magazines, condition 2-3 similar cars go for only slightly more. This one looks like it needs it all. Naturally he can hold out for what he wants and MAY find a buyer to pay the price. Just trying to help out with a little background<p>[ 04-06-2002: Message edited by: oldscarnut ]

oldscarnut...thanks for more info. My husband told me that he should sell it for what he got it for (about 2K cheaper,I think). I tried to get as much info from him as possible to post, but he just said that if their interested, they should/would just call for details. I took a few more photos and I'll go see if I can post more photos on the ad.

I forgot to add that I had tried searching the net for such a car (to give him an idea of what one eould go for) but I couldn't find one. I bet he would go much lower if he was informed that it wan't a fesible asking price. But again, I couldn't find that car anywhere for sale as a reference.<BR>And links you'd care to share with me?

Hey Puter Guy-<BR> Your neighbor's car looks pretty solid and it is a very desirable body style that most rodders are looking for. Hold out for the $6000 and you'll probably get it. Post it on a few rodder sites where it is appreciated, and don't let these old club guys beat you down. wink.gif" border="0

Hmmmm. Trying to think how I should reply to this last post. I have owned a '36 and a '37 coupe so i THINK i am pretty familiar with this car and its value. I have seen a few Olds rods of this vintage for sale in the last two months for the same kind of $$$ with a lot of the work already done so I wonder how many rod guys really would pay 6k...the cars are still for sale. How do I know...I called. I am interested in an all Oldsmobile hot rod. My main interest is in RESTORING and wonder why Zoom takes a part in these threads. My previous reply was factual but did let the seller know it is POSSIBLE that someone would pay his price. Free country Zoom and freedom of speech is your right but I nor anyone else was trying to "beat puter down"!