Looking for Doctor's Coupe

CraigD

I'm looking to find a Franklin Doctor's Coupe in good to excellent condition. My father owned one when he was young, and would like me to find one to have in the family. Contacts or leads would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Craig

Thank you, Mkgage! I need to decide if I am willing to take on a project, and if so, I'll give Lloyd a call. Thanks too, to Scott for the reference you sent me to the '25 Sports Runabout listed on the Hyman, Ltd. site. Very nice car. I called them, and will consider if they're negotiable enough on price!

Craig

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking for someone with Franklin experience in the St. Louis Area. I'd like to have a car in that area inspected. If you know someone who knows Franklin's around St. Louis that I might contact, please reply with a name and contact information.

Thank you,

Craig

Bellevue, WA

425.445.5505 cell

The car I'm considering is reported to have had an engine rebuild by George Thomas in 2005. Does anyone know if George Thomas is known in the Franklin community? The previous owner of the car indicates that he has good experience with Franklin's... just wondering if others know of Mr. Thomas.

Thank you,

Craig

Edited by CraigD (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Well, found a great car, but not a Doctor's Coupe'. 1929 Speedster. Decided a larger, later car would be easier for us to enjoy. Looking forward it's arrival here in Seattle in 3 weeks or so!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]276612[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]276613[/ATTACH]

Craig

We hope to see you and this beauty at the WesTrek in Oregon next June!

Yes, it's Doug Hull's car. I visited Doug and Jan as part of making the deal, and they were wonderful. The car is fabulous! Doug was kind to show me around the car and give me helpful driving and upkeep advice. Drove it myself too. What a neat car. Very excited about its addition to our family. Shipping out soon to Seattle, should have it in early November!

• 1 month later...

The Speedster made it to Seattle! The car's trip here was a bit of an adventure... moreso than hoped for! Glad its here. Thanks to Dave Erwin for finishing the delivery, and to Doug Hull for all the help. Took my parents out for the maiden voyage down to the Kirkland waterfront... had a wonderful time. Having a Franklin back in the family is satsifying for my dad... which I'm glad for!

post-100949-143142881143_thumb.jpg

post-100949-14314288113_thumb.jpg

post-100949-143142881137_thumb.jpg

Edited by CraigD (see edit history)

Very nice car I just bought one 1922 stored in a old school house for the past years love the cars and hope to have it on the road next year we got everything working but I need tires tubes and liners working on that know. You have a nice one there enjoy it and drive as much as you can. Thank you from larry